Conflicting info (2150 - 350 - 450e), set me straight!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tollund

Reaction score
Conflicting info (Jred 2150/Husky 350/450e), set me straight!

Hi all,

I am looking at buying either the Jonsered 2150, or the Husky 450e. I have been receiving quite a lot of conflicting information.

The Husky dealer says the Huskies are the "Premium" of the market and made slightly better than the Jonsereds. He also says the new 450e's have a plastic crankcase and they haven't had any trouble with them since they came out.

The Jonsered dealer says the 2150 doesn't have a plastic crankcase, is the same as equivalent Husky and that "no-one uses a plastic crankcase". He also says spare parts for the Jonsered are cheaper. And the 2150 comes with a primer and decompressor (same as the new 450e Husky)

But, I have also heard that the 2150 is (more or less) the same as the Husky 350 which uses the older style (if there even is such a thing) metal alloy crankcase, rather than the new 450e (supposed) plastic crankcase.

Can anyone verify this information? I read on here the other day that, contrary to the Husky dealers information, Jonsereds are actually at the premium 10% of the market as far as raw materials go, even though they are made in the same place.

Last edited:
These guys are alll steering you wrong, including me because that thing about the top 10% of the cylinders going to the Jonsered saws is just a joke.

The 2150 is indeed the same as the 350. They both have , and have always had plastic crankcases, as does the new 450. There are other models, 2152 and 353, that use the same cylinder, but are built on the same metal cranckcase as the 2153 and 346. While they do use the same cylinder, there is a slight difference in the pistons; the plastic case saws using a dished piston and the metal case saws using a flat top piston.

There is no difference in quality and materials between the two brands. They all use the same internal parts, which in fact share the same part numbers.

Here in the US, the 450 is the replacement for the 350 which has been discontinued. Jonsered has yet to make this change to their line up.

Thanks for the info spike - it looks at this stage like I will go for the Husky. I like the feel of the handle better than the Jonsered, and the dealer is willing to do me a good deal on one.

the 450 is a good saw, i use mine alot with no problems, you will deffinatly notice it eats less fuel.

Jonsered 2250

Here in the US, the 450 is the replacement for the 350 which has been discontinued. Jonsered has yet to make this change to their line up.

Jonsered 2250 is the same as Husqvarna 450
attachment.php

Thanks Mag;

We have yet to see any of the 2200 series Jonsereds here in the US. The fall price list just came out, and there are no new models at all.

Jonsered 22XX

Thanks Mag;

We have yet to see any of the 2200 series Jonsereds here in the US. The fall price list just came out, and there are no new models at all.

The new Jonsered CS 2234 S, 2238, 2238 S, 2245, 2245 S, 2250 S, will be same as the new Husqvarna saws, and are coming out now soon all over, the CS 2255 is all-ready out.

2234 S, 2238, 2238 S
attachment.php

2245, 2245 S, 2250 S
attachment.php

attachment.php

Go to the respective web pages for Jonsered and Husqvarna, then check out the specs for similar saws. You have a starting point if the printed specs are identical.

Once you narrow it down, take a closer look at the saws you are interested in, preferably in person. There could still be differences in the carbs used, features like priming bulbs, etc.

You can tell a plastic (or engineering 'composite') material from metal by tapping on it.

You might decide to go with the saw sold by the dealer telling you the straight story, as in the long run, this will be worth more than the difference between a red and orange case.

Philbert

Last edited:
Back