Confused about Echo 590 bar/Chain....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Counselor

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
After many years of using a motley assortment of old Stihls to cut firewood I decided to sell a bunch of them and buy a few new saws. Goal was to reduce overall numbers of saws, variety of spare parts/chains etc...that I have to keep on hand. I was able to get the old Stihls sold, mostly on local Facebook Marketplace, for enough money to fund several brand new saws.

As replacements I bought a "used" Echo 590 (VERY funny story on that) and a brand new Echo 590--20" bars--Also bought a new Husky 562xp....... Before buying I did research, read up etc.....I knew that the Echos used a 70 Drive link chain- kind of an oddball so I planned on replacing the bars right away to use standard 72/3/8/.50 chains. I bought a pair of Tsumara bars....planned to sell the two Echo bars on Ebay to recoup some of my set up cost.....

Imagine my surprise when I actually look at the bars/chains on the two Echos....Yes, the factory Bar says 70 Drive links....but BOTH SAWS were hung with identical Oregon 72 Drive Link Marked Chains from the factory! WTH?

Did I buy new bars for no reason?

72 on the links is the chain style...like 72LPX

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

These are the codes
e1f6dafcd69dd49777c27c3eaab463e5.jpg
5c18b9878754355775bcdb36a72ebae4.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back