Connecticut -- shipping logs by rail

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The article states what I had figured......its a cost factor. Think about it...a truck running at 6 miles per gallon, permits or apportioned plates...a driver and maintaining that rig... its a huge cost factor. Rail line.... simply pay the freight charges. I give the guy credit for he thought. Something else to factor in ... he has the companies he is selling too obviously next to the rail line or at least very close to a siding. That alone makes a big difference.

Its no joke when CSX says 1 ton of freight 400 miles on 1 gallon of fuel...beat that with a truck.......

I want the rail system back... used to be that nearly every town out here was connected by rail, and many where until a few decades ago, now most of the rails have been tore up and turned into hiking trails, only cause the rails cost too much to maintain... now with diesel around $4. a gallon sure would be nice to have a few trains wouldn't it...

Huh, that guy's father is a customer of mine. Small world.

I wish I had read this yesterday, the old man was in the shop this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back