"Cord Cutter" by Silver Streak Bar for Husky?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougNH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked up a brand new 372XP from a local merchant today. :D
The saw came with a Stihl RS chain (yessir!) mounted on a 20-inch "Cord Cutter by Silver Streak" bar. I don't know what to think of this bar since I never heard of this brand before. I did a search and found nothing. Did I stumble into a NOS collector's item or a total POS? It looks almost like a stock Husqvarna bar but with different lettering and says "Made in Canada" like most Husky bars. BTW I already have Husky bars from 18" to 28" in my shop, so I don't really need this bar. Anyone?

DougNH said:
I just picked up a brand new 372XP from a local merchant today. :D
The saw came with a Stihl RS chain (yessir!) mounted on a 20-inch "Cord Cutter by Silver Streak" bar. I don't know what to think of this bar since I never heard of this brand before. I did a search and found nothing. Did I stumble into a NOS collector's item or a total POS? It looks almost like a stock Husqvarna bar but with different lettering and says "Made in Canada" like most Husky bars. BTW I already have Husky bars from 18" to 28" in my shop, so I don't really need this bar. Anyone?

Welp ya gotta good chain there,:laugh: :laugh: Just messing with ya. I have never heard of that brand of bar either. Beings its made in Canada its most likely made by Oregon. If I were you I'd just use it and not worry bout it. If it holds up great, if not then pitch it. Only one way to find out how good it is, use it. You got a good fast cutting saw there to give it a good test so i say let her rip..............

THALL10326 said:
You got a good fast cutting saw there to give it a good test so i say let her rip..............

Won't I need a special ripping chain? :laugh:

DougNH said:
Won't I need a special ripping chain? :laugh:

hahaha, that was a good one. Yep let her ripppppppppppppp, getttttttttttttttttttttter done,haha......

Back