Cordwood Prices going crazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's one too many http's in the link - Around here, as oil prices drop, it doesn't seem as scarey as a few months ago. They were talking 5.00/gal fuel oil then. It's down to 3.96 now, was 4.69 not long ago. Still a lot, but not 5.00. Lots of wood here, 200.00 full cord is average now. Around the big cities it's probably higher.

Here in northern NJ prices for a full cord range between $200-250 from the reputable dealers I have found. That is up from $175 last year.

Yep...... $300 to $350 is about average this year. $400 is well over what most are getting......... i can't imagine anyone will bite on that one.

Price around here 300-400 a cord

I am selling @ 375 per cord and won't take a penny less. I am not the cheapest and not the most expensive in the area. There are always going to people who sell cheaper than market price. They usually sell only a few cords a year for extra cash and are almost always out of the picture when the weather gets cold and the wood becomes harder to find. Most of my customrs are regulars who know they wil get a full cord and that it will ready to burn. Last time we had a wet summer like this year I replaced wood for a lot of people who bought wet wood at "bargain" prices. I suspect this year will be the same.

www.blackdogfirewood.ca

Yep...... $300 to $350 is about average this year. $400 is well over what most are getting......... i can't imagine anyone will bite on that one.

Salem, NH is as far south in the state as you can get without crossing into Ma$$achu$etts. They cut down all the trees there to make room for caloney-baolney McMansions on cul-de-sucks. Not surprised to see it going for that amount down there.

I have family that lives a couple towns over from there. I've heard of soccer mom types woodscrounging on the roadsides and getting into shouting matches over who has a rightful claim to the wood.

Even up our way, it's going for $250-$300.

I checked out Louisville craigslist and the most expensive I saw was $75.00 for a face cord that was 18" long. It said that it was hardwood.

Most wood where I live is sold as a face chord or rick.

fire wood cheap - $50 (geneva ohio)
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-12, 8:14AM EDT

Hello i have FIRE wood for sale in what ever way you would like to buy ! ric, cord or the SIX PACK (what i call 1 cord a month for the season !)A RIC IS A THIRD OF A CORD 42 SQUARE FEET OR 16"W X 24"H X 96" L ABOUT THE SIZE OF A 8 FOOT BED LEVEL( NEATLY STACKED LEVEL OR PITCHED IN SLIGHTLY HUMPED) THAT COSTS 60 .00 BUCKS A CORD IS 3 8 FOOT BED FULL OR 4 6 FOOT BED FULL LOADED SAME AS ABOVE THE OVERALL DIAMENTION FOR A CORD IS 4'H X 8'L X 4'W = 128 SQUARE FOOT THAT COSTS 180. BUCKS THE SIX PACK IS 6 CORDS OF WOOD & COSTS 999.00 BUCKS ( 100.00 SAVINGS OF THE CORD PRICE ) THESE PRICES ARE THE AMOUNT YOU BUY SPLIT! DELIVERY COSTS EXTRA DEPENDING ON LOCATION IF YOU DON'T NEED IT SPLIT KNOCK 10.00 BUCKS OFF PER RIC CALL FOR DETAILS 1-440-983-9391 JD

Saw this in today's craigslist in Cleveland...I hope I don't end up having to buy any wood for awhile...:popcorn:

Hello i have FIRE wood for sale in what ever way you would like to buy ! ric, cord or the SIX PACK (what i call 1 cord a month for the season !)A RIC IS A THIRD OF A CORD 42 SQUARE FEET OR 16"W X 24"H X 96" L ABOUT THE SIZE OF A 8 FOOT BED LEVEL( NEATLY STACKED LEVEL OR PITCHED IN SLIGHTLY HUMPED) THAT COSTS 60 .00 BUCKS A CORD IS 3 8 FOOT BED FULL OR 4 6 FOOT BED FULL LOADED SAME AS ABOVE THE OVERALL DIAMENTION FOR A CORD IS 4'H X 8'L X 4'W = 128 SQUARE FOOT THAT COSTS 180. BUCKS THE SIX PACK IS 6 CORDS OF WOOD & COSTS 999.00 BUCKS ( 100.00 SAVINGS OF THE CORD PRICE ) THESE PRICES ARE THE AMOUNT YOU BUY SPLIT! DELIVERY COSTS EXTRA DEPENDING ON LOCATION IF YOU DON'T NEED IT SPLIT KNOCK 10.00 BUCKS OFF PER RIC CALL FOR DETAILS 1-440-983-9391 JD

I hope he's more proficient with a maul than he is with my native tongue.

fire wood cheap - $50 (geneva ohio)
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-12, 8:14AM EDT

Saw this in today's craigslist in Cleveland...I hope I don't end up having to buy any wood for awhile...:popcorn:

i thought a "ric" was 1/3 a cord. he claims it to be only 24" high....half a face cord.

i always thought a ric was a face cord.

Latest posts

Back