Cordwood Prices going crazy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/2 cord firewood Free delivery - $105 (west side only)
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-09-08, 7:48PM EDT

1/2 cord of seasoned fire wood. free delivery and free stacking. only delivering to the west side. this is slab wood( cut by a saw into pieces ) any question or comments contact Ted at 216-256-7487 or visit us on the web http://universaltreeworks.synthasite.com/

As you can see, the above was listed on Sept 8th. And then the very next day I guess he thought he'd better revise it:

seasoned firewood free delivery - $125 (westside)
Date: 2008-09-09, 12:34PM EDT

1/2 cord of seasoned firewood free delivery westside only. this is slab wood (cut by a saw instead of a log splitter) if interested call ted 216-256-7487 or check us out on the web http://universaltreeworks.synthasite.com/

Man oh man...

$350 Cord/mesquite $375 cord/Eucalyptus here in Tucson, AZ :( :jawdrop:

That's why it is a nice way to make money on the side.

Sticking to my guns at $60 a face $180 a cord plus $1 a mile delivery per delivery, can haul up to 8 face at a time. There is some JA in the paper at $35 a face or $105 a cord.... I was thinking of buying him out and make more money.

Going between $110 (country) and $150 (city) a face cord here. Makes me feel pretty good about last weekend. Wife and I cut, hauled, split and piled about 10 cord mostly ash for next winter. Cost was about $30 for 4-5 gal of gas and a case of drinks.

Going between $110 (country) and $150 (city) a face cord here. Makes me feel pretty good about last weekend. Wife and I cut, hauled, split and piled about 10 cord mostly ash for next winter. Cost was about $30 for 4-5 gal of gas and a case of drinks.

Ten cords in a weekend? Wow, you guys are some movers!What do you use for equipement?My wife and I in a good day can process about 2 cords a day.

fire wood cheap - $50 (geneva ohio)
Date: 2008-09-12, 8:14AM EDT

Hello i have FIRE wood for sale in what ever way you would like to buy ! ric, cord or the SIX PACK (what i call 1 cord a month for the season !)A RIC IS A THIRD OF A CORD 42 SQUARE FEET OR 16"W X 24"H X 96" L ABOUT THE SIZE OF A 8 FOOT BED LEVEL( NEATLY STACKED LEVEL OR PITCHED IN SLIGHTLY HUMPED) THAT COSTS 60 .00 BUCKS A CORD IS 3 8 FOOT BED FULL OR 4 6 FOOT BED FULL LOADED SAME AS ABOVE THE OVERALL DIAMENTION FOR A CORD IS 4'H X 8'L X 4'W = 128 SQUARE FOOT THAT COSTS 180. BUCKS THE SIX PACK IS 6 CORDS OF WOOD & COSTS 999.00 BUCKS ( 100.00 SAVINGS OF THE CORD PRICE ) THESE PRICES ARE THE AMOUNT YOU BUY SPLIT! DELIVERY COSTS EXTRA DEPENDING ON LOCATION IF YOU DON'T NEED IT SPLIT KNOCK 10.00 BUCKS OFF PER RIC CALL FOR DETAILS 1-440-983-9391 JD
:dizzy:

If you confuse the crap out of buyers, they won't know if they're getting shafted or not! :dizzy:

Ten cords in a weekend? Wow, you guys are some movers!What do you use for equipement?My wife and I in a good day can process about 2 cords a day.

Thats 10 face cords not full bush cords. Wood lot is about 1/2 mile from house and we use a John Deer 4 wheeler with dump box. loaded up get about half a cord a load (once split). takes about 20 min a load for the wife to go dump it and if I am cutting and not looking for deer tracks I'l stay ahead of her. So can cut an haul about 1.5 cords an hour. Splitting we use an auto cycle hydrolic splitter and can likely split 15 cords a day with it max.

Saws I was using. Stihl 066, Husky 359, Stihl 260 all ported, all running square chain.

I'm jealous, 1.5cord/hour is still insane. Best I can figure I'm lucky to do 1 cord all afternoon. Buck, split, load,haul and stack. (granted, my setup is completely different.)

I like getting a nice 16 to 20 inch tree, 75 feet tall, knock that down and block up the trunk. With the 066 maybe takes 10-15 min and about that long again to deal with the limbs. Can get 1.5 or 2 cords out of one good tree. That buys me a little time to take a break before the boss gets back for the next load.

Nice Ash and poplar with few branches 10" to 12" diamiter make for quick fire wood too. Takes a good bit longer to deal with sugar maple or white oak, a bit slower cutting and more branches and small wood. But hey thats good heat and one stick of hard maple or white oak is likely equal to three sticks of poplar.

I try to break it up, cut in the morning, then split in the afternoon. Going a Full day of splitting or running saws is harder and likely more dangerous.

Last edited:
Prices seemed to have peaked here and even dropped slightly in the last week. Green, cut, split and delivered was up to $235.-$250. per cord, now the same people are advertising "seasoned" for the same price. The is very little bone dry be advertised and those prices are all over the map...$275. on up per cord.

Back