Could you safely fall this tree?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on David. Most of the things that he says is only because he feels safe hiding behind his keyboard. He also hides behind a private mailbox and offers absolutely no warranty on HIS products.

Also, I think that he wants to get banned so that he can be a victim and blame others.

Sap, you have been 100% refuted, all by pro tree guys....and yet you refuse to admit you are wrong...you who know relatively nothing about falling trees...and obviously can't even analyze several photos.

I wonder, have you ever in your life, not stuck your nose in where it does not belong, and, have you ever admitted when you were wrong, and, have you ever laughed......?

Give it up, fool, you have been PWNED.... :blob5:

Darin, methinx you should erase this idiot's posts from what was a very good thread, till it got stunk up to high heaven.

RB I trust your opinion on cutting trees down and really like the info you provide to this site ..For you to have someone piss on your shoes is down right wrong.. The writing is on the wall ..

Thanks, ultra....I haven't felled a tree or dropped a top on a house....

..yet...

image.aspx

course I've only cut a few little fellas in the last 32 odd years...boy some of em have been odd....

All bow down to Sap, the old west coast faller, been falling spruces and cedars that are 10'-14' at the butt, over 200' tall. Master of the dutchman, domino king, bull bucker now showing the men how its done. Wrote the manual on big wood falling, authority beyond compare, I am so unworthy to even replace the caulks in his boots.

Hollow Tree

I just registered at this site. The first thing I see is a hollow tree being felled and questions about safety or procedure. I have to say, where I come from, a logger will cut at least one a day. Sometimes is worse condition than that one. Usually, when there are no obstructions or risks in the immediate area, I simply take a good look at the tree before deciding how to get it down. It appears the sawyer has plenty of places to go. A good logger will take it down even if it can't be used for pulp because it is a danger to everything else within reach and at any second it could fall on it's own. Preferably I'd use a skidder or other nearby tree to get it on the ground. If all by the saw, just take time and do it as safe as possible. Also I did notice the road and it sure looked like the tree could reach.
Where is Soren Ericson when ya need him? HA!

same guy?

Did you mean Soren Erikkson? GOL guy.

The equipment or other tree choices are the most common in the NW also.

Dont know how I missed this thread.

I cross examined the pics, pasted one ontop of the other and wella, great fell job is my conclusion.

I would say it went pretty much right on the money.

Yeah that's the guy!

Smokechase, you got me. I always hear the name when I am in certain CE logging courses. I never gave any thought to the way his name was spelled. I do use some of the techniques he teaches when needed though! Thanks for the correct spelling.

give credit

I'll see if I can dig up the name of the cutter.
Give a little credit where it is due.

logging course

You refer to a "CE" logging course.
That a Tennessee area thing?
What does it entail?

romeo said:
I would have fel it with a Mossberg. :rock:

muwahahaha!!

I would rather have hubby do it with the 10 gauge browning with a load of #4 for turkey!!

Interesting thread as a smaller but similar tree nearly killed me 30+ years ago.

I'm not a pro but have dropped a few like this on my own land (then and since). Nowadays do not have any time or profit pressures and can take my time and have machinery available. Positive control desired esp when there is a building or three nearby. .

Typically wrap the base a couple of feet above the cut with 3/8 chain to prevent barberpoles, Couple of more cables at 90 degree separation to positively control fall angle, and pull with crawler or winch .

Nobody could make any money doing it the multiple cable way, but after spending 2 weeks in a hospital in 1974 after dropping a tree on myself allways use at least twice as many and 50% longer than 'needed' cables for problem trees.....

Latest posts

Back