couldn't read homemade sign...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlynr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Going down the road the other day and got a glimpse of sign in a yard and all I could read was "lost chainsaw". On the way back I slowed way down and it read "Wife lost chainsaw out of back of his pickup and something to the affect that he's gonna die without that saw and to return it if found. Didn't say what kind of saw. When I got home I told wife and she said "oh it's the wifes fault huh"?

I suppose she ripped of her cutting chaps & tossed them & the saw in her pickup then headed into town for a visit to pick up some bar oil at the local NAPA only to return home with the saw missing.
She darn well shoulda just stayed at the homestead ...fired up the splitter to knock off that 5 cords she just cut that morning.:jawdrop:

I suppose she ripped of her cutting chaps & tossed them & the saw in her pickup then headed into town for a visit to pick up some bar oil at the local NAPA only to return home with the saw missing.
She darn well shoulda just stayed at the homestead ...fired up the splitter to knock off that 5 cords she just cut that morning.:jawdrop:

sounds about right

Going down the road the other day and got a glimpse of sign in a yard and all I could read was "lost chainsaw". On the way back I slowed way down and it read "Wife lost chainsaw out of back of his pickup and something to the affect that he's gonna die without that saw and to return it if found. Didn't say what kind of saw. When I got home I told wife and she said "oh it's the wifes fault huh"?

Did you spend the rest of the afternoon driving around searching ditches for a chainsaw?...

That is one of the most brilliant marketing ploys I have heard in awhile. That guy just called dibs on any saw found in the ditch in the area. I'll bet people bring lost saws to him all the time, his shed is probably full of them. First thing in the morning I'm going to make a sign just like it only my sign is going to mention the firewood that fell out of the truck too!

:cheers:

My mother is 80 years old and my dad died about 8 years ago. Somewhere around 1968 my mother was mowing the grass and picked up the little 3/4 HP trolling mower that my dad had set in the grass and she placed it on the front bumper of his Packard which was setting in the driveway just a few feet away. When he drove to work the next morning he did not see the trolling motor on his front bumper and proceeded down the road until the motor fell off and he ran over it......it was toast!

Well he certainly blamed my mother for that event......and I don't believe he ever did forgive her for that.....and occasionally it would come up in conversations even 30 years later.

Back