Countyline Timberjack Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked this up from TSC as I needed a timber Jack for the charity cut.

Pros: Sturdy, easy to assemble, reasonable cost ($35)

Cons: The point on the hook (although quite sharp) isn't at the right angle. It's at a 90 degree to the arm and probably should be at a 60 degree angle. I found that I had to give it a kick or whack it with a piece of wood to get it to seat without slipping.

Also it's painted black which is actually quite easy to lose when working in low brush. I'd recommend a brighter color like red, orange, or yellow. We will be painting this one once it warms up.

Summary: If they rework that hook this is a flaming bargain for $35. However with its current drawbacks if I was to buy another I'd probably step up to the $55 wood handled design with a better hook.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I've got the same Timberjack and have the same issues, mine's Forest green.

I bent the handle and brought it back and traded it for the more traditional wood handled cant hook and promptly bent the hook an it. TSC stuff is meant for a tree guy's wife to use, we need to stick with name brand stuff made out of good steel
Care to tell us what you were trying to move and what you were using for motive force when the hook got bent! I've been using the wood handeled hook for 3 years and not had a problem.

GVS the log was a bit bigger than directed but it still should have worked, 20" spruce about 12' long. Trying to roll it over on the sawmill and I was just using my hands not the skid loader that put the log on the rails. Didn't break the hook just cracked the paint before I realized it was the hook moving not the log, still usable but not the way I would like

Same here. Don't care for it at all. I use it for really small stuff to keep it them out of the dirt, but otherwise, not a fan.

I have a green "TimberTuff" one thats the exact same design handle. it has a permanent curve to the handle now. i was rolling a 48" cottonwood log at the time

Back