Craftsman 5.2/30"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briankk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My Husky died, so over the last weekend I rented this Craftsman, was so impressed with it that I went back and bought it. Looking for parts for the thing on Sears parts direct, it seems that the saw should have an ID plate that gives the part number, in the form "358.358890", for example, but the ID plate on my saw says its a model 5300, serial #S30012558, cant find any number beginning with "358.xxx" anywhere on the saw. WTF?

BTW, the way this thing destroys oak trees must be seen to be believed, they may as well be made of string cheese..

I need a users manual for it, too, nice to know what and where various adjustments are..

TIA

No Poulan 5300... What you have is a 5200/5400/8500 variant. Post up a picture of the saw and we will be able to tell.

I have a 5200 in Poulan colors and one in Dayton red as well as an 8500.

My Husky died, so over the last weekend I rented this Craftsman, was so impressed with it that I went back and bought it. Looking for parts for the thing on Sears parts direct, it seems that the saw should have an ID plate that gives the part number, in the form "358.358890", for example, but the ID plate on my saw says its a model 5300, serial #S30012558, cant find any number beginning with "358.xxx" anywhere on the saw. WTF?

BTW, the way this thing destroys oak trees must be seen to be believed, they may as well be made of string cheese..

I need a users manual for it, too, nice to know what and where various adjustments are..

TIA

Where the heck do you rent a 5.2 Poulan/Craftsman saw that hasn't been made for 25 years? And, have the option to buy it!!!

:cheers:
Gregg,

that 358 is sears speak for POULAN. it's a 5200 poulan . look for parts under that.
is this it? Model Profile: 5200
who's renting one of these?

Local shop took it in for repair, owner abandoned it, they put it out for rent. I think I was the first guy to rent it, bought if for what they had in it.. $135.

The green thing looks about like it, but where its green, mines red. Heavy saw, 160 lb compression, it can hurt to try to start it. Fortunately, it starts pretty easy and sounds like a 125 motocross bike at idle...

Actually, I wouldnt "have" to go, I have one already.

The Sears part # for that saw is 358.358810. You can go to searspartsdirect.com to find the parts list for it. I have the owners manual in PDF as well but its too large a file size to post here.

You out-of-state'ers go to the back of the line! Now I need to figure out how far away this rental place is. Off to mapquest. May be a road trip soon....

Yeah right, if I could get a Craftsman 5.2 out of the land of fruits and nuts it might be the only good thing to ever leave that state. :ices_rofl:

Hey now Mark. Don't paint us NorCal Rednecks with that broad brush. There are more of us than there are fruits and nuts....They're just in power right now. Read up on prop 209 and prop 8 if you don't believe me...

Regardless.....the OP's town is a six hour, 300+ mile round trip. Too far for an old rental saw methinks. Now if I'm already up that way to visit friends.......

Last edited:
Hey now Mark. Don't paint us NorCal Rednecks with that broad brush. There are more of us than there are fruits and nuts....They're just in power right now. Read up on prop 209 and prop 8 if you don't believe me...

Regardless.....the OP's town is a six hour, 300+ mile round trip. Too far for an old rental saw methinks. Now if I'm already up that way to visit friends.......

Yeah, yeah, I know about the nothern thing, I couldnt help myself. :msp_smile:

I also agree about the 600 mile thing!

This is just for Aaron since he loves red so well.

attachment.php

Yeah, yeah, I know about the nothern thing, I couldnt help myself. :msp_smile:

I also agree about the 600 mile thing!

I figured you were just pulling my chain (again). It's only 300 miles round trip. 150+ each way.....only...

This is just for Aaron since he loves red so well.

Gee thanks Mark. You still have my address....:D

i heard from briankk, he has been trying to reply to all our questions but sez when he tries to post he just gets a pop-up which says the post is being sent to a moderator ? what's going on here ? i told him to contact the mod directly. how does this work ?

OK that's just freakin' wierd. I just got email notification that Brainkk had posted in this thread...............................yet his post ain't here when I log on to check it....:help:

Latest posts

Back