Craigslist find (046 mag)-cant saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It had a burned up 20" bar on it. I had a 28" inch bar laying around so. I did a little cutting after I put the new bar on and cleaned the air filter(already clean), maxed the oil pump. I don't know what he had in the oil reservoir for bar oil but it was red and very thin. Dumped that out and re-tuned the saw. Cuts nice and oils plenty. Ready for milling tomorrow(pics coming).

Pics with the 28" bar:

Guy said he bought the saw new in '99 to cut 3 big cottonwoods and that's all he used it for. Note I didn't clean the saw that's the way it came-just like a new saw! I was going to see if he'd take 350.00 when he told me he'd wanted wife to put 450.00 in on the add. He did say he had a little "breathing room" but I just gave him the 400.00, saw was well worth that price.. I figured I saved 500 + the governor's share-oh forgot about the bar. Bar is still useable if I flip it. I think I'll dress it this afternoon and sharpen the chain. Temper is gone on the one side but still useable for blocking. One happy camper here! :cheers: Now, about that 880...:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Nice find, isn't it nice to run into an honest seller.

Back