Craigslist Husky 61 score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tantoy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my new saw I got on craigslist. They wanted 100.00 and I told myself no more than 60.00. Once I laid eyes on the saw I knew I wasnt leaving it behind. Offerd 60.00 then 90.00 and left with the saw. Runs like a champ, perfect condition from original owner (1983 model) and came with box tools and 2 new in the box chains. Here it is with my older well used Practica 61. Is there a difference between "Rancher" and "Practica" ?

if my memory serves me, i think the Rancher and Practica were the same with the "regular" 61 being slightly different, with ~.5hp higher power output and less weight.

Sawtroll can answer this definitively.

Nice saw!!!!!! looks near mint. it would be hard for me to take it into the woods. i have a all-but-new XL-12 that i gassed, cranked and put back into the case. i can't bring myself to cut with it, though i really want to do so.

Good score right there! I had a 1986 MDL 61, it was a damn good saw, in fact I sold it to my buddy 8 years ago and it still is cuttin firewood every year. :cheers:

Nice score, my chainsaw cutting buddy is a total Husqvarna saw freak and loves the older Huskies like the 61 and 266 XP. He has a bunch of them ,thanks to me ,LOL, and the 61 makes a real nice nimble good cutting saw for smaller firewood, he runs 18" bars and full chisel chain, again Stihl RSC mostly because of my preference for it, he has no complaints.LOL
Pioneerguy600

Nice score!! I have one just like it that is broken down sitting in a box right now waiting for a possible conversion to a 272 P&C. I also have a 61 that is a little bit newer(dont know the year but is has the Gray/Black top) a velocity stack and has a muffler job. I have cut tons of wood with my 61 with a 20 inch bar and full comp chain and man do I like that saw. However it has not been run the last few firewood trips ever since I got my 372xpw, however it will always be along on the trips and ready to go whenever called.

Again great score, I would have bought that saw in a heart beat for that price.

Aren't both saws practica models? The newer one has a practica decal on the right side of the top cover. I'm currently fixing one exactly like it for my brother.

That's a great find! it's in such fine shape I can see why you had to take that home, especially for the price he was asking. We all understand that you just have to play the horse-trading game a little, but I would have gladly paid $100, no questions asked. Now take it out and tell us how it runs!

My 61 is as loyal as my dog,sits around while everyone else gets the attention and when called on delivers the goods.:clap:
Nice score,well done.

Very nice find.

I have a friend that has an old 61 and it's a great firewood saw - it just chugs along and doesn't complain. It has been very reliable - he has had it for 20 years (he bought it used) now using it 8 to 10 cord a year and it has been virtually trouble free.

Nice!!!!

That's a nice looking saw and a real good deal!!
The first 61 in my sig is a stock 1989 and still has the original bar and has only let me down once, fuel line rotted off it. I picked this up from a client of mine when it was less than a year old. (was more saw than she needed)
The second is a 61/268 with a 266xp carb, DP muffler and light port (in and out) that I built from a 61 that someone had put the piston in backwards ( that didn't work so well for them!!) That runs real good!! Fastest saw I have at the present:):):)

Good luck with yours!!!!:cheers::cheers:

Back