Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What might be in this one??? The blue stain tells me why it was left!

https://toledo.craigslist.org/zip/d/free-stump-for-firewood-or/6314464452.html

Craiglist stump.jpg
stump.4813

I'd like to see what ever it is. A 10 penny nail doesn't leave that much stain. I'd hit it with my metal detector. I've seen a couple steel fence posts nailed to the side of trees, never seen one actually grown in though. Go get it and lets us know what you find? Joe.

I'd like to see what ever it is. A 10 penny nail doesn't leave that much stain. I'd hit it with my metal detector. I've seen a couple steel fence posts nailed to the side of trees, never seen one actually grown in though. Go get it and lets us know what you find? Joe.
I should go take a picture of an elm tree we took down this summer. Fence post completely enveloped in the 15-30 year rings. Wrecked 2 chains completely and beat up another pretty bad. We thought it was just a nail or a bolt and still had to drop the main trunk so kept cutting. I told the guy the stump was staying high and i wasn't going to grind it.

Did a big silver maple this spring that I'm certain had one in the middle too. Cut at 3 different heights and 3 sides and hit it every time in the same place. Left that one 4 ft high

Cleaning fencerow cutting some big uglies. New 36 chain found fence post. Ugh

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

23e3454e4eea26b56381da29af24c689.jpg

Nope, I don't think I want to mess up any chains on this one! :chainsaw: :D:rare2:

Only time I ruined a chain so far was when I hit some large nails in a 10'' dia oak with my 017. Wiped out the cutters on one side entirely, and about half on the other. Busted a bunch of ties as well, just not enough to have the chain break. Part of that was due to the metal, an the other part was my greenness in the whole chainsaw endeavor as that tree was my first real go at cutting. Boy have I come miles since that day a couple of years ago.

Had a garage sale this weekend. Put out some large boxes of test "cookies" that I just had no space to store. Offered them as "cheap firewood" for anybody who wanted them. Otherwise, they were headed to the local compost and brush site to dispose of.

Several women stopped by and wanted them for use as coasters, plaques, wall decorations, etc. Some wanted to buy just a few, some wine and entire box.

Go figure.

I guess that it is all in the marketing.

Philbert

Had a garage sale this weekend. Put out some large boxes of test "cookies" that I just had no space to store. Offered them as "cheap firewood" for anybody who wanted them. Otherwise, they were headed to the local compost and brush site to dispose of.

Several women stopped by and wanted them for use as coasters, plaques, wall decorations, etc. solom wanted to buy just a few, some wine and entire box.

Go figure.

I guess that it is all in the marketing.

Philbert
Hmm, I guess I need to start doing that. I know I could certainly get away with it as my town is of the very artistic type.

I tried some coaster size Oak cookies. The tree had been on the ground for years, not a speck of bark left, dry as a bone. Limbs from the top, 4-5 inch diameter. I cut on an angle, making ovals, hoping to cut down on the checking. Ran them through the planer, looked good. A month later they were all cracked, Joe.

I needd to replace my 1989 F150 wood hauler. Has hauled sever hundred cords, body beat to pieces, unreliable starting, may or may not make starter contact, cruise and A/C shot. So:

100 mile round trip to check out "1990 F150, 4x, auto. Good condition, $3,000. Looked good on walk up. About $1,000 in tires on it. serious bumper and tow equipment, body straight only one small dent. Open door and empty can falls out, passenger side piled with trash level with seat. Says it is a daily driver. Climbed for a drive. Not one knob on the dash, operate the stems with a pliers, throttle seemed to have about an inch of play before anything happened, stiff as a board and very little 'throw' from idle to full on. He had replaced the exhaust system with 'after market'. On fireup I thought the cops would show up it was so loud. Test drive revealed it wandering in lane, either loose steering or the wide tires on it. Windsield with long crack from side to side at the bottom.

Told him he would be lucky to get $500 and left.

Latest posts

Back