Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no more wimpy 35 ton splitters for me.

FOR SALE A TOW BEHIND HORIZONTAL LOG SPLITTER WITH 2 INCH RECIEVER. THIS LOG SPLITTER IS VERY WELL BUILT WITH A LARGE HYDRAULIC RAM & A 15 HORSE HONDA MOTOR WITH SAFTEY SHUT OFF & OPTIONAL ELECTRIC START. THIS LOG SPLITTER WORKS PERFECTLY & IS READY TO SPLIT MANY CORDS OF WOOD. THIS IS A VERY NICE WOOD SPLITTER IT STARTS RIGHT UP & RUNS STRONG. I THINK ITS ABOUT 120 TON

IF INTERESTED CALL MIKE xxxxxxxx
$1000 CASH OR BEST OFFER

no more wimpy 35 ton splitters for me.

FOR SALE A TOW BEHIND HORIZONTAL LOG SPLITTER WITH 2 INCH RECIEVER. THIS LOG SPLITTER IS VERY WELL BUILT WITH A LARGE HYDRAULIC RAM & A 15 HORSE HONDA MOTOR WITH SAFTEY SHUT OFF & OPTIONAL ELECTRIC START. THIS LOG SPLITTER WORKS PERFECTLY & IS READY TO SPLIT MANY CORDS OF WOOD. THIS IS A VERY NICE WOOD SPLITTER IT STARTS RIGHT UP & RUNS STRONG. I THINK ITS ABOUT 120 TON

IF INTERESTED CALL MIKE xxxxxxxx
$1000 CASH OR BEST OFFER

Any thoughts that this is stolen property? If a guy doesn't know what tonnage his splitter is...

Not sure this is a laugh, but it is a bit of a headscratcher:

We are selling seasoned firewood stacked and wrapped on pallets. Each pallet is 4 x 4 x 4 (1/2 cord)

If you drive to us, we'll put a pallet on the back of your truck for $125
Or, we can deliver locally for $150 per pallet.

So many people say that they sell full cords (the true measurements of a full cord is 4 x 4 x 8 (stacked)). We have been burnt by many people when we buy wood. I have paid several people this year for wood, and it never comes out to be true cord, and most of the time, not even close. This is why we stack our wood on pallets so it eliminates the guess work.

Our price might be a little high, but our wood is seasoned, and it is real measurements.

3k63md3l0ZZZZZZZZZ9337d2d35db51601c19.jpg

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/for/1058501061.html

The image, in case it doesn't show up, shows firewood stacked criss-cross on the pallets. Although it does look tightly stacked for being criss-cross, I'm suspicious you'd still have less wood then "ranked and well stowed" in the same space...ironic given their warning about people being shorted.

Plus I'm wondering how the average pickup is going to react when carrying an 8' high stack of wood...best have some good tie downs at least!

Not sure if I want to laugh or cry on this one...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/1066061402.html

Free Fire Wood (SE Portland)

A tree fell on my car a few weeks ago during a wind storm. Most of the wood has been removed, but there is still a chunk sitting on the car about 9 feet long and 14 inches in diameter. Tried to remove with a rented chainsaw, but the piece was too thick for it to cut through, so whoever wants to take it should have a pretty good chainsaw. You cut it, you haul it, and it's yours for free.

Not sure I would want to risk a loop on this one. I have salvaged a lot of firewood, but not from a car.

attachment.php

Q home built splitter would be hard to determine actual tonnage, without doing a lot of math.........

The ad doesn't say it's a home built one... I guess I wasn't thinking about that.

I thought it was a heavilly used Speeco/NT/MTD that had the labels rubbed off or some such Q

Just noting, don't have to do much math to guess it is NOT 120 tons !

But doing the math, at 3000 psi, a 10 inch cylinder is 118 tons. I am thinking he would notice if it had a 10 inch bore cylinder on it, with the structural beam size to match.......
The guy has no clue, and rather than say that, he puts out a BS factor assuming teh buyer/reader has even less clue.....

k

what ever happenend to the one where the guy was addvertising a poloin and said he thought is was a piece of ####? that was great

Yah, CL seems to have erroded to the point of people wanting trees removed for free, and brush hauled away for free. Must be certified, have license and insurance, and sign a release and be advised of legal suit pending any wrong doing or mishaps, and we are not responsible for anything (even though they are if you are cutting anything on >>>their<<< property... hello?).

Gott'a wonder...

Back