Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seems pretty generous to me. Think of all the reasonable conditions he did not impose:

- must use an environmentally friendly saw, i.e. no gasoline engines allowed.

- applicant must show purchase of credits to offset the carbon produced when burning the wood removed.

- tree owner gets right of refusal for the design of any furniture crafted from this fine wood.

- any power tools used must be no louder than the broccoli growing in my adjacent garden.

- appearance and grooming of the tree workers is important. If my teen age daughter does not think that you are attractive enough, you will not be allowed.

- any tree cutters acknowledging or responding to the advances of my teenage daughter will have to leave immediately, and restore the tree to the condition in which it was found.

- all work must be completed between the hours of 10AM and 1PM, but stop during my lunch, or if I decide to take a nap.

- applicants should offer to cut my lawn for the next 2 years as a demonstration of gratitude.

- tree roots down to 1/4 inch diameter must be removed without disturbing the soil above.

Any others?

Philbert

Good One

This one made me laugh!!!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/1141959738.html

"Johnny Holmes" LOG SPLITTER - $600 (Bradford)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-27, 4:08AM CDT

The #### star of log splitters. High Powered Ram that delivers an unmatched pounding and splits'em good. 40 TON RAMING POWER, PTO POWERED, 48" RAM, 160" TOTAL LENGTH. CALL 763-689-4447 IF NEED BE LEAVE MESSAGE AND IT WILL BE RETURNED ASAP. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Not wood related, but still. Sometimes you wonder if a person is an idiot or a genius.
http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/mat/1144916913.html

The ad in question:
Small field rocks Baseball to Softball size for sale $25 per 100 rocks (Manitowoc)

I got a whole bunch of small field rocks. Im charging 25 dollars per 100 rocks. I would prefer if they would be picked up but I will deliver for a price.

I wonder the same, and yet my neighbor has had to run the same people off of our property several times that were apparently stealing rocks. Absolutely nothing special about our rocks that I'm aware of, and our property is near the dead end of a 2.5 mile gravel road to mostly nowhere. Go figure.

NEED TREES DOWN (Sycamore)

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/zip/1147402675.html

Hello all you log lovers. I have a few rather large trees that I need cut down that would make great firewood to sell. I am asking that whomever responds be able to do this for FREE as the money you will get will come from the sale of the wood cut down. So if you want it come and get it.

OH, you will need a decent size work truck as these trees are LARGE and MANY.

please feel free to contact me at the above email or at 847-228-3252.

once in a lifetime..

http://tricities.craigslist.org/mat/1149602513.html

rare for funiture builders or arts. once in a lifetime offer

forsale live pecan tree.. 70+ feet tall.. over 80 years old. lots of wood.

call 423-791-4689

must be insured and show proof of insurance to cut.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Not do you have to cut it, but you have to pay him!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one made me laugh!!!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/1141959738.html

"Johnny Holmes" LOG SPLITTER - $600 (Bradford)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-04-27, 4:08AM CDT

The #### star of log splitters. High Powered Ram that delivers an unmatched pounding and splits'em good. 40 TON RAMING POWER, PTO POWERED, 48" RAM, 160" TOTAL LENGTH. CALL 763-689-4447 IF NEED BE LEAVE MESSAGE AND IT WILL BE RETURNED ASAP. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

haha 40tons eh? i should look into one of those ####stars.:cheers:

Those don't even look like they're good for boards.

:check:

I've read this whole thread over a few days, and it is amazing what some people think their trees are worth. But I think this one tops them all: Unbelievable

*** You have to copy and paste the content of these unique offers into A.S. or they may be gone or withdrawn before some of our members read and enjoy them ***

Philbert

Three Large Black Walnut Trees Lumber Timber Logging
Buy It Now Price: US $50,000.00
Up for auction -- Three 150-200 year old Premium Rare Black Walnut Trees for sale. Removed from property at buyers expense to include insurance binder as they are in a residential area. Trees have had a great water source as they are within 75 feet of a lake and have been well maintained. Measurements -- 59 inches in diameter, 32 inches in diameter and 37 inches in diameter. Beautiful & desirable wood for furniture, gun stocks, flooring, etc.

More pictures available upon request.

Please ask questions and I will answer to the best of my ability. Thanks for bidding!
attachment.php

attachment.php

willow and poplar for sale (groveland ny)
Date: 2009-05-02, 11:35PM EDT

we have lots of willow, cottonwood and other trees we want to sell. lots of them are very large. these must be done soon. you must have insurance certificates and give a formal bid. net 30 max as they leave the farm. performance bond may be required so we dont have to clean up a huge mess. we expect waste to be pushed up in large piles to be burned. no fly by nighters needed. call 585-755-0436 from 6am to 9pm weekdays. 6am to 10pm sat. 12noon to 6pm sun. if i dont answer leave a message and i will call back as soon as i get it. if you have one of those messed up phones that wants me to enjoy your music while you are located, you will have to keep trying cause i dont enjoy that and i wont call again!

Latest posts

Back