Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cute wood ya got there!

Cool! This guy is giving away cute wood!

How sweet! :D

This wood is cute how it is in the picture;
it is very good wood for fire wood;
there is also a big trunk of the same wood that is 36" x 28 feet long. you can cut that that up for fire wood also;
but you will need to take it out your self. I dont have a big enough chain saw to cut it.
Its free so please give me call at 571-282-8309 or text me.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/zip/1573850390.html

$250?

Elm tree for firewood this fall - $250 (eaton rapids) Michigan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-01-29, 9:48AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dying but still standing large elm tree can be yours to fell and cut/split up the way you like. No other trees, utility lines or buildings in the way.
Ground is froze and little snow helps protect damage to my large country front lawn. Easy access from road. No miss out, respond quickly.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1576115514

Elm tree for firewood this fall - $250 (eaton rapids) Michigan

Date: 2010-01-29, 9:48AM EST

Dying but still standing large elm tree can be yours to fell and cut/split up the way you like. No other trees, utility lines or buildings in the way.
Ground is froze and little snow helps protect damage to my large country front lawn. Easy access from road. No miss out, respond quickly.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1576115514

seems like a 2 way win for both parties! ,he gets his dutch elm infested tree cut and removed off his front lawn instead of paying a professional tree service to remove his debris and in return you get 40-50 bucks worth of punky junk wood ,thats is after you pay him 250 bucks and sweat your arse off all day :monkey:

Another Real Bargain

(But only if you have insurance. This guy must expect a real Tree Service Co. to do this for free)

)FREE FIREWOOD IF YOU CUT DOWN (INDPLS. WEST-SIDE)
Date: 2010-01-29, 7:47PM EST

IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE, AND WANT TO CUT MY TREES DOWN......YOU CAN HAVE THE WOOD...THANKS...CALL...317-481-6878

Last edited:
Another Craigslist idiot!

When I was just learning the ropes....I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for wholesale firewood, This man responds and stated he had about 10 cords of Eucalyptus and agreed to buck it into 16" rounds and I agreed to pay $60 a cord, This was about 100 miles away and when I got there with my big truck and trailer he showed me a pile of twigs! maybe enough to fill the trunk of a Chrysler! He really thought he was gonna get $600 BUCKS FOR THAT! I came back with nothing and spent over $100 for the trip.
Chock that up for a costly Craigslist learning experience
www.joshuatreefirewood.com

This dooshbag advertises "Oak Bundles $1"
Then you look at the ad and there is nothing for $1. Just "bundles" for about a dollar per piece of wood. Pics of a fractured oak tree and a fire he made the last time he camped...what a joke. To top it off he has a West LA phone number, I didnt know there were oak trees in Santa Monica along the beach!!
Ashwipe! Stoopid citidiots havent got a clue...bet he sells the crap outta of it too...suckers...$600 bucks for a cord?!!!!
SUCKERS!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/hsh/1586787322.html

It REALLY I mean REEEAAAALLLLLYYY chaps my ass when people put $1. CL shoulldn't even allow such ads to be posted or at least let them be immediately removed via flagging.

Flag it.

You can flag CL postings that are deceptive/misleading, or 'too commercial'.

Philbert

I try to flag those right away,even better usually after a couple beers,a email or phone call since they wasted my time already as well.:censored:

It REALLY I mean REEEAAAALLLLLYYY chaps my ass when people put $1. CL shoulldn't even allow such ads to be posted or at least let them be immediately removed via flagging.

Yeah, I flag every one that I see that is $1. Sometimes I set my min price to $2 just so I don't see those, if I'm doing a search. The worst is when they say "best offer" and then later "don't low-ball me - I know what my saws are worth". LOL. Obviously if they knew what the saws were worth, they'd be posting a price.

Around here there is a car dealership that posts hundreds of cars online every day, no price anywhere. I was looking for a car, and had to filter out all of those postings. No way I'm going to talk to a salesman just to get a price. I don't play that game.

I also flag if people post multiple items in one listing, post all caps, don't post a location. Problem is that these people are generally too stupid to figure out why their posting got flagged. But hey, if they tricked me into opening it up, the least I can do is flag it. :)

Problem is that these people are generally too stupid to figure out why their posting got flagged.

I don't know if it is stupid or don't care. If you consider the spam approach, only a tiny percent needs to get through to reach a target and be effective. So if you get tired of flagging, and the CL guy has more perseverance, he wins.

It's a low risk deal for the ethically challenged crowd. No listing fees. Repost at will. Get a new handle if banned. etc.

It's like picking up litter, shoveling snow, raking leaves, etc. Might not want to do it as a full time job, and you know that it will need to be done again soon. But if everybody does their little part it leads to a nicer neighborhood.

JMHO

Philbert

I lucked out on craigs list. Got a real good shape Avalon Rainier Wood Stove For 200 bucks. Sometimes you can find some good deals.

wood burning stove

Date: 2010-01-27, 1:52PM EST

homemade wood burning stove made out of 37 gallon drum..double insulated stacked pipe ,enough wood to last all winter some was from a deck...$150 o.b.o the wood alone is worth that much 614 725-4455 great for garage...

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1573316354

couln't get the pics to copy, but this one is great.
old grease drum and a small pile of half rotted PT lumber.....don't everyone call at once

It's like picking up litter, shoveling snow, raking leaves, etc. Might not want to do it as a full time job, and you know that it will need to be done again soon. But if everybody does their little part it leads to a nicer neighborhood.

Yep. Those who don't have no business complaining. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back