Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craigslist is like lights to a moth, for the menally challenged.

I am SO SICK of dealing with retard on there. I have tried buying and selling several things on C-list. The ONLY bit of luck I had was my quad.

I have a old truck up for sale now, or was, on C-list. Before a guy ASKS anything about it, first thing is "will you take HALF your asking price"? Uhh, NO you idiot. :censored:

Then there are the morons that drive an hour to LOOK at it and tell me "well I got a bad foot, and I don't think I can shift a manual transmission" AFTER it was posted in the ad it was a STICK tranny.

Then you got the stooges that have something for sale, asking NEW price. No matter that it is a 10+ year old saw. No matter that the bar has NO paint left on it, it is LIKE NEW.

I am done even browing C-list. :mad:

Then you got the stooges that have something for sale, asking NEW price. No matter that it is a 10+ year old saw. No matter that the bar has NO paint left on it, it is LIKE NEW.

I am done even browing C-list. :mad:

these idiots can try all they want! i got a husqy 350 off a guy on craigslist, said he used it 4-5 times only when he went camping, the bar had literally NO paint,NONE , left on it. lol
the price was right, and it started right up, cold start on a 10 degree night, so i bought it anyway, but it was pretty funny that he thougth i would believe it was used 4 times, ive never seen a bar with no paint, that was the first time, not one spec of paint on it

Ya GOTTA be kiddng me..

FREE WOOD (Madison, WI)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-28, 9:23AM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have two trees that can be cut down. They are skinny but tall, requiring the use of ropes and topping by someone with experience.

Here's the deal: you take the trees down, haul all wood and debris away, and it is all yours FREE.

We can meet in a public place (as suggested by Craigs List); references to establish prior experience are a good idea; you will sign agreement assuming all liability for your work.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1665097440

Oh.. and can I change the oil in your car for free too?

I wanted to e-mail them back & tell them how full of crap their "offer" is but there are enough people I work for in this city who might not take too kindly to a verbal spanking.

Last edited:
Honestly...

This seems to be an epidemic...do people ACTUALLY find someone to commence on this type of work??!?!???!! I'm really wondering how/why....

J

There must be enough people doing this type of business, and it working to encourage this type of adds time and again.
Im thinkin of poosting something so outragous just to see the responces I get from it. Maybe ill offer something vaulable for free and then tack on all this extra stuff to boot...no I cant even be that mean :taped::taped:

There must be enough people doing this type of business, and it working to encourage this type of adds time and again.
Im thinkin of poosting something so outragous just to see the responces I get from it. Maybe ill offer something vaulable for free and then tack on all this extra stuff to boot...no I cant even be that mean :taped::taped:

OHHHHHH yes you can.... /evil devil on shoulder....

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/zip/1665304271.html

See attached pictures. 15 large Fotinia bushes. Stalks are 1" to 4" thick. Can be cut up into 1" lengths for burning. Or can be ran through chipper for wood chips/mulch. Pile as you can see is about 8' wide x 30' long x 5' high. You come pick it up today and it is free to you.

Hmmm, let me haul away your yard debris for free...

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/zip/1665304271.html

See attached pictures. 15 large Fotinia bushes. Stalks are 1" to 4" thick. Can be cut up into 1" lengths for burning. Or can be ran through chipper for wood chips/mulch. Pile as you can see is about 8' wide x 30' long x 5' high. You come pick it up today and it is free to you.

Hmmm, let me haul away your yard debris for free...

Mulch my butt, All you will have are a big pile of leaves.

so another email, from some craigslist douche, real condescending email asking me if i knew what a cord of wood was, then gives me the dimensions of a cord, which he was not even correct on, and then asks ifs each piece is going to be 18", then instructs me that i may deliver at 3 because hes a school teacher. this is the same as the cops, school teachers and cops i have found are the 2 professions that seem to always let you know their profession even when its totally unnecessary , anyway.. to make a long story short, i am fed up with these emails from these losers on craigslist, school teachers or not.. these people would never dream of acting they way they do if they wernt contacting me through email.. this email just pushed me over the edge, after breaking my fog light and scratching the #### ouf of the front end on my truck today, backing my trailer into a tree and caving the wheel well in puncturing the tire and making it unable to even change it, leaving it stranded 50 miles from my house, i finally had it, it was one craigslist ********** email too many. i put my phone number up in my ads for a reason, i give them the option, 90% of the time, the email customers are the weird ones. i could tell right away this guy was gona be more trouble than he was worth, heres a copy of my response back to him;

"thank you for letting me know what a "full" cord is, i understand a cord is a 128 cubic feet.
if it were two stacks like you describe , 4' high , 8 ' long and 18" pieces, that would not be a full cord of wood. the only way to make a full cord out of 2 stacks that are 4x8' is to have 24" long pieces of wood and no one wants that. for your second question, no the logs are not cut to 18", they are from 16"-20", i dont think anyone breaks out the tape measure
see the good thing about giving top quality wood, and big full cords, is that word spreads and i get swamped with orders every month and can easily afford to push off picky customers that want to insult my integrity assuming i am going to rip them off before even talking to me. this is how us uneducated college dropouts do business. i get numerous emails each month with people taking the same approach to me, assuming as if im going to rip them off, before even talking to me. and i tell each of them the same thing. find your wood somewhere else."

-im sorry but it was the straw that broke the camels back! im sure i speak for all firewood sellers, specially ones who advertise on craigslist. some of these people are pigs and treat you like dirt and think they can get away with it!
DENIED
no black locust for you my friend! you lose! :greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

You can get that attitude with many trade professions as well. I've found that
with referrals you don't get as many whackos

http://thumb.craigslist.org/grd/1652792455.html

black walnut log - $500 (thumb)

Date: 2010-03-20, 11:09AM EDT

still standing 7ft tall 90inches diameter black walnut log.
call 989-553-0169
WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Only if I get the brick wall with the deal

Maybe if he paid me $500

Firewood - $500 (North Eau Claire)

Date: 2010-04-04, 8:55PM CDT

I have four giant oak trees in my backyard that need to come down. Each tree has probably seven to ten cords of good wood. You pay to bring them down and be willing to cut-up and haul-away wood (one tree at a time or all four together) and this georgous hard-wood is yours.

The most recent quote I got was $500 to bring down all four trees... but that price did NOT include cutting up, clean-up, and hauling away of wood. SERIOUS considerations only.

These trees are HUGE... one way or another they are coming down. Would rather see wood go to someone who needs/wants it... so it's up to you.

(Original ad was removed... not sure why. So trying again.)

This one is fun...lol:dizzy:

http://worcester.craigslist.org/wan/1668931227.html

wanted chainsaw. huskey or stihl doesnt matter what size bar. working condition only.
774 573 4265
email [email protected]
will pay 25$ to 100$
thanks

I think I have a nice working Husky 55, maybe i'll be willing to sell it for $25.... rriiiiiiiigggghhhtt....:censored::censored::censored:

more free firewo.. i mean sticks..

3na3ma3lc5V45Z45X6a45f9af2dde9bde1a2c.jpg

http://cnj.craigslist.org/zip/1677154033.html
he IS willing to cut into 18-22" lengths though ( looks like you could snap most of those in half by hand..) , and even help load the sticks!

I use stuff that small for fire starter material, but I use my miter saw to cut it. So much faster than trying to mess with a chainsaw on that size.

Wow....

THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE....

And to think I was about to take a ride there to grab some of the wood....

and I offered to clean up the area for 1st grabs...

http://worcester.craigslist.org/zip/1676319601.html

Free wood for whoever comes and takes it. We had a big tree cut down and now are giving the cut pieces away. Great for campfire and to use for home heating. You'll need a truck and maybe a chainsaw to cut to the bigger pieces, but it is all free. Send me a note if you're interested, take as much or as little as you need.

**UPDATE** The wood is located in the Asian Longhorned Beetle area, and so cannot be transported outside of the restricted zone. You can take the wood if you live within the restricted area, see it in this map:

http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/uploads/03/de/03de088cf7d61fdb53bbb7b8fd8e73da/alb-regulated-area.pdf

Thank you.

I'm sure some are familiar with the Asian Long-Horned beetle, but if not, they burrow through trees, eventually killing them, and have no natural predators (that I'm aware of...) so they have been trying to quarantine the area just north of me... by CLEAR CUTTING all the hardwood, chipping and dumping it into piles in various areas... wasteful...but I guess necassary, ya know, if you are afraid of using pesticides. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Last edited:
Lmfao!!!

I know I've gotten rid of at least a couple hundred thousand bucks worth of these.
$200 for an 8" oak biscuit

Phil

I bet they are just trying to get their money back, to be honest... LOL!!

Here's a good one....they're willing to pay $20 to have it cut up FOR FIREWOOD FOR THEM....you supply the saw...

Cedar Wood (Burrillville)
Date: 2010-04-08, 1:48PM EDT

Cedar tree 14 feet long and about 14inches in diameter. Can be used for a fire place mantle, carving, wood burning, etc. It is cut at the base and most of the branches are cut off. If someone would rather cut it into firewood for our use we are willing to pay 20 dollars, (we don't have a chain saw). Will remove posting when it's gone.
Thanks

http://providence.craigslist.org/zip/1682485865.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back