Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polaris Wildthing :hmm3grin2orange:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/tls/1899819672.html

st louis craigslist > for sale / wanted > tools
please flag with care:

Chainsaw Polaris Wildthing (brand new with case) - $75 (St. Charles COunty)
Date: 2010-08-15, 9:51AM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is brand new, I bought it and used it twice and put it up and never seem to use it again.

If you are interested, please call 314-941-8707

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1899819672-0

WOW! This guy not only manages to completely screw up the name, but then puts "Brand new" and "used it twice" in the very same sentence. I guess he needs a lesson on just what brand new means.

email this posting to a friend flint craigslist > for sale / wanted > free stuff
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Free Wood / You Cut Down (Mt. Morris, MI)
Date: 2010-08-16, 11:31AM EDT

I have a Box Elder tree that died last year and needs to come down. Tree is next to neighbors driveway and my power lines are on the other side of tree. You will probably need a boom to remove safely, thanks. Call anytime (810-210-9032).

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1901534895-0 image 1901534895-1

PostingID: 1901534895

* Copyright © 2010 craigslist, inc.
* terms of use
* privacy policy
* feedback forum

Not chainsaw related but equally stupid.

Lookin for a free tractor (Noblesville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-08-17, 3:43PM EDT
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for anyone who has a tractor they dont want or need to get rid of and give me it for free. running or non-running. if you can deliver I'd appreciate it. email me [email protected]

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1904137660

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

http://wausau.craigslist.org/mat/1870687787.htmlLOGS: ATTN:CHAINSAW CARVERS - $1 (Marshfield)
Date: 2010-07-29, 7:26PM CDT

These large cottonwood logs would be a chainsaw carvers dream.
4'2" wide x 4'10" long $500
3'8" wide x 4'8" long $500
4'5" wide x 5'0" long $600
The crotch is about 5' wide $600
Take a look at the pictures, solid logs like this are hard to find! Call 715-383-6649 NO EMAILS PLEASE

image 1870687787-0 image 1870687787-1
image 1870687787-2

http://wausau.craigslist.org/mat/1870687787.htmlLOGS: ATTN:CHAINSAW CARVERS - $1 (Marshfield)
Date: 2010-07-29, 7:26PM CDT

These large cottonwood logs would be a chainsaw carvers dream.
4'2" wide x 4'10" long $500
3'8" wide x 4'8" long $500
4'5" wide x 5'0" long $600
The crotch is about 5' wide $600
Take a look at the pictures, solid logs like this are hard to find! Call 715-383-6649 NO EMAILS PLEASE

image 1870687787-0 image 1870687787-1
image 1870687787-2

what a joke wonder what kind of idiot would fall for that one

Not CL but garage sale, so I figure it is close. A story most on this site have probably been through more than once.

Husband of a close friend of my wife wanted to get a saw to clear brush in their property. About anything would work fine for the application, but I offered to let him run various ones to compare and decide. He never did, but yesterday he found one on a gs. He is thrilled, and the story he got is this: Original owner, never ran or had a saw before, paid $250 new last year. He ran less than a tank of gas through it (premix I hope, but not known for sure. I digress.) and decided he liked this sawing thing so much he went out and bought a $500 Stihl and thus never uses this one anymore.

Tim paid $60, was thrilled, and the owner even showed him how to sharpen the ‘blade’. (Apparently he learned how to sharpen in the first half tank, but I digress again.) I don’t want to dampen that enthusiasm in anyway. In that situation I would never say ’your new baby is really ugly’, but even my wife knew why we politely moved the conversation along without comments.

So, the original owner learned in a half tank: how to sharpen, why he wanted a better saw, and that he got stung at $250. At $60 it was a fair price and will serve Tim’s needs quite well…

The saw was almost new, and had a really good name and reputation.

It was a McCulloch……….

Do people really think their wood is worth more than anyone else's.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/for/1908049967.html

Oak Tree Whole or Firewood - $125 (East Petersburg)

PIN OAK. APPROX 13 FEET X 26"

YOU CAN TAKE IT AS IT IS FOR $125

I CAN CUT IT INTO FIREWOOD LENGTH AND SPLIT IT FOR $250

IF YOU WANT IT DELIVERED WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT.

NO LOWBALL OFFERS PLEASE.

Wow. He's got 28 cubic feet of wood. Split and stacked, maybe what, 50 cubic feet (if we stack really loosely!). So he's got .4 cords there, and he wants $250 for it? Nice work if you can get it! That's $625 per cord! :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
ON SALE!!!
BIG LOGS for chainsaw carving - $2 (Marshfield)
Date: 2010-08-22, 8:30AM CDT

I have 3 big logs and 1 crotch cut for sale. These are cottonwood logs and are solid. The widths on the 3 logs are 3'8" to 4'5"! All three are about 5 feet long. Take a look at the pictures if they are something you are interested in give me a call to come and take a look at them. Would be good for a chainsaw carver or have them cut into really wide boards! No emails please. $200 each 715-383-six six four nine http://wausau.craigslist.org/mat/1912474304.html

I got a kick out of this one. I think I know why he is selling the saw.

Date: 2010-08-25, 6:44PM EDT

Up for sale is a sthil ms200t chainsaw with a 12 and a 14 inch bar and chain brand new carb less than a month old. Saw runs great, like new. Needs nothing. fell free to call me at 216-577-8402

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1919204077

No completely firewood related but...

Hunting Land for Bow Hunter - $1 (Southern Adams County)

Date: 2010-08-28, 11:11AM CDT

I have 80 plus acres of premium deer hunting land near Briggsville and the Dell, WI on CTH P and looking for someone who is willing to mow, cut trees, make trails, plant food plots, costruct deer stands for the ability to have limited bow hunting priveleges (no gun hunting). It is very important that you have a brush mower, tractor, plow and chainsaw and strong work and hunting ethics. The property is in QDM along with 1000 plus acres of adjacent neighbors properties. Many monster bucks have been taken from this property. If you are willing to put in the time and treat this poperty as your own we are willing to give you the time you need on the stand to shoot a monster (10 point or larger and well beyond the ears) are the minimum. We have 3 family members that hunt and work on this land with Bow mainly on weekends once or twice a month, weekdays are normaly open along with some late weekends. As rut gets closer a detailed schedule is created to prevent any problems. We all work together to make sure everyone has a good chance of seeing or shooting a monster. We have 4 trail cams also on the property. Lots of work needs to be done before the season so if interested please reply ASAP. We get along well with our neighbors and would expect you to do the same. Please provide us with your background in hunting, food plot experience, equipment you have, and schedule you could work. Only reply if you are willing to get dirty and work extremely hard for the chance of shooting a dream buck!

PostingID: 1923948000

Can anyone say, SLAVE LABOR? :dizzy::dizzy:

Am I high or is someone who's into bowhunting THAT willing to submit to this guy's requirements?

Hunting Land for Bow Hunter - $1 (Southern Adams County)

Date: 2010-08-28, 11:11AM CDT

I have 80 plus acres of premium deer hunting land near Briggsville and the Dell, WI on CTH P and looking for someone who is willing to mow, cut trees, make trails, plant food plots, costruct deer stands for the ability to have limited bow hunting priveleges (no gun hunting). It is very important that you have a brush mower, tractor, plow and chainsaw and strong work and hunting ethics. The property is in QDM along with 1000 plus acres of adjacent neighbors properties. Many monster bucks have been taken from this property. If you are willing to put in the time and treat this poperty as your own we are willing to give you the time you need on the stand to shoot a monster (10 point or larger and well beyond the ears) are the minimum. We have 3 family members that hunt and work on this land with Bow mainly on weekends once or twice a month, weekdays are normaly open along with some late weekends. As rut gets closer a detailed schedule is created to prevent any problems. We all work together to make sure everyone has a good chance of seeing or shooting a monster. We have 4 trail cams also on the property. Lots of work needs to be done before the season so if interested please reply ASAP. We get along well with our neighbors and would expect you to do the same. Please provide us with your background in hunting, food plot experience, equipment you have, and schedule you could work. Only reply if you are willing to get dirty and work extremely hard for the chance of shooting a dream buck!

PostingID: 1923948000

Can anyone say, SLAVE LABOR? :dizzy::dizzy:

Am I high or is someone who's into bowhunting THAT willing to submit to this guy's requirements?

Someone out there will do this for that trophy they hope to get! Not me for sure but I have met those who would think it was the best thing they ever found!

found this one in my area today:

Diamond Ring for Firewood - $1100

I have a 1ct tw yellow gold and diamond aniversary band worth $1500 that I would like to trade for 7 cords of firewood stacked and delivered, its a beautiful ring but was given to me by my -husband so I no longer want the ring, but sure do need the firewood.

I have a 1ct tw yellow gold and diamond aniversary band worth $1500 that I would like to trade for 7 cords of firewood stacked and delivered, its a beautiful ring but was given to me by my -husband so I no longer want the ring, but sure do need the firewood.

I am assuming that is to be "ex-husband". Otherwise, probably soon will be!:popcorn:

Nice, I got 7 cords of pine she can have

I remember seeing that one. What a joke. Where in Harrisburg are you?

Latest posts

Back