Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Rhode Island you have to pay to work for nothing!
http://providence.craigslist.org/mat/870341356.html

I can hear my accountant now- No, Dave, they are supposed to pay YOU! :dizzy:

Holy Cow Batman! You gotta pay to remove the tree. What the He11?
Wonder if Chevy is paying him to drive that car around?
I had to email this guy, just to see what his reaction is when I asked him if he was nuts.

Last edited:
Tree stumps anyone???

http://york.craigslist.org/zip/870120378.html

Tree stumps (spring grove)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-10-07, 2:52PM EDT

I will be having alot of tree stump pulled from ground. If you have any instest in them please let me know. They are all free. You do the work of load and haul. Thanks

I got the job!!!!! But first I'll stop by the saw shop and Jon is going to give me 60 bucks to take a bar & chain off his shelf, then run by the gas station, Ahmed is going to pay me 120 bucks to fill my dump and chipper with his gas, waiting for a call back from my insurance guy, told him I'd upgrade to a mil on my liability if he paid the difference, if this works out I'll be rolling in dough. Sounds like the start of a great internet scam.......make it up in volume- love it!

There is a phone # on the add. Has anyone called to ask what planet they are living on!

Nut with a maple

I didnt call him, but I emailed him. couldnt resist.

One question. Are you nuts? You want someone to pay YOU to remove a YOUR tree?

His reply,

yes, I have done this before......

I estimate that there are over 1000 board feet of maple in the trunk alone, plus the limbs, plus whatever cordage is not sent to a saw mill. Would you like me to email you when I get the tree taken down?

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 9:33 am
Subject: Maple Tree - $300 (Pawtucket)

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

One question. Are you nuts? You want someone to pay YOU to remove a YOUR tree?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]
=

McCain or Obama? Stay updated on coverage of the Presidential race while you browse - Download Now!

You asked and he replied.
Are you nuts? You want someone to pay YOU to remove a YOUR tree?

His reply,

yes, I have done this before......

I estimate that there are over 1000 board feet of maple in the trunk alone, plus the limbs, plus whatever cordage is not sent to a saw mill. Would you like me to email you when I get the tree taken down?

Sounds like last time 2 nuts found each other. In his mind it happened once it can happen again.

well let's consider a few things.

1) there are several trees, if you only feel like taking one, you take one.

2) they are oak, and depending on what you plan to use it for, you may take him up on it

3) this guy is out nothing if this plan doesn't work - and with heating oil and gas up from last year, it's not completely crazy.

lastly, he can always pay someone to take them down.

This ad should be titled "pay me $25 to haul my garbage"

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/for/860465363.html

I saw a similar ad but the pic was much worse than that just picture alot of old wood thrown down a hillside not trees but construction lumber with other crap on it brush on it . then the owner says just take that stuff but do not cut any trees. I should of replyed and tell him to pay for someone to remove his junk.

On another craigs list call went up to a house after this guy said he had alot of cut wood he wanted gone. well got there and it was like kindeling and alot of pine that had been sitting for along time but that call became good becuase he has started taking down all oaks in his yard he fells them and we just come and buck up the wood and go back the truck right to the tree so not too much lugging .

? how do you get 30 cords out of 5 oak trees ????
Small cords, big trees or over exagerating the truth to get someone to take them for free. Who knows ! I have seen 2 and possibly 3 cord trees but never a 6 cord tree.

Maybe if the twigs, leaves, birds nest and squirrels were all thrown in there, maybe. Even I dont go that far when trying to figure if I can get it in 2 , 3 , or 4 loads.

30 cords ? that's just part of it that makes it all the funnier to read. If they really are that big it just gets funnier to think that they want it done for free.

If I could get only what I wanted and the HO had no concerns about how it looked I might go up in there to raise them up. Get some practice doing a few snap cuts or getting them to swing around how I want them. But with no targets and not so much for the wood but the experience. You just never know when it might be handy.

? how do you get 30 cords out of 5 oak trees ????

all 5 are 50" DBH and 100' tall.
we worked up and split a tree the other day that was around 4 feet at the stump and near 100' tall. it was close to 5 cords, and it wasnt even the whole tree. the other half of the tree had fallen down a few years prior, which was the reason the tree had to come down. add in the rest of the tree, some of the big branches that got chipped up by the arborist, and you have got alot of wood.

Heres one

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/lbg/869309734.html

"It's a pretty big tree and would provide quite a bit of fire wood and could possibly even be sold"

I have said it once and I will say it as many times as I have to. It's NOT firewood until it is cut, split and stacked on my skids on my property. Until then it is debris from a job that needs to be disposed of.

I think this is one of those where I should show up bright and early, fire up the SXL-AO, drop the tree on the house and scram before the homeowner wakes up.

Latest posts

Back