Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've Just started perusing the CL for fun stuff. It is amazing what people define as a "DEAL".. :spam:

Anyone for some scrub pine?

Here is another, posted this morning.
Bring not only your saw, but a shovel as well.

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-11-07, 9:23AM EST

We have four acres of forest that someone can come out and cut down the trees for firewood. . Lots of it . Like we said with four acres . there are lots of trees to be cut down . and you would be doing us a big favor for

In return all we ask is that 5 to 8 trees( will tell you which ones and where. ) be replanted in areas of our property to be saved.Plus a little yard work I have some areas that are in dire need of weeding and two flower trees (to be replanted else where) and two rose bushes removed from the front of the house. want it down to the dirt. totally cleaned out .to be ready for landscaping stones. that is all we ask for you to be able to come and cut down trees for firewood or what ever else you can use the wood for . .

so if this is for you . And you are totally serious about doing this . please send an email to [email protected] I want to get this done this month .ASAP here are some pictures to let you know what we are talking about couldnt get all in pictures. dont do ladders. or roofs. lol. PLEASE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY WANT TO DO THIS CONNECT. thanks

Take a look at the pics, most of its worthless scrub.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/bar/909287207.html

I wonder how many trees there are actually on that four acres. There's a saying about a 10' pole. I reckon for this ad it should be a 50' pole.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, I have spent my morning reading htis thread and I must say that my faith in the human race has dwindled:hmm3grin2orange:

To the "Yard-Boy": You, sir, have the patience of a SAINT!!!!! lol

All these craigslist fiascos just go to prove that.......
Fat people can lose weight, ugly people can get plastic surgery.....but you CANT FIX STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Gentlemen, I have spent my morning reading htis thread and I must say that my faith in the human race has dwindled:hmm3grin2orange:

To the "Yard-Boy": You, sir, have the patience of a SAINT!!!!! lol

All these craigslist fiascos just go to prove that.......
Fat people can lose weight, ugly people can get plastic surgery.....but you CANT FIX STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

ah shucks, never been called a saint in my life! Sometimes I wondered who was the stupid person in that case.

I can think of a few to fit the description of "to overwieght now to work". I don't think it was what they set out to do but they don't seem very uncomfortable with their 'existance' ATM. I sort'a feel bad for them till I remember that if they don't feel bad enough to change nothing I think or do will make a change.

No offence taken here. I'm a far cry from being old or fat.

Haha ... "like a cord to be left behind" ... I'll pass on this one

FREE FIREWOOD (RANDOLPH,NJ)
Date: 2008-11-07, 9:32PM EST

FREE FIREWOOD, 8' to 12'long, 3" to 4" diameter bradford pear tree limbs on level ground needing only to be cut up. Would like a cord to be left behind for my personal use. Located at 21 Orchard Dr., Randolph,NJ 07869.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/909116351.html

Here's a nice one!

tree limb
Date: 2008-11-09, 5:06AM EST

there is a huge limb IN our tree that was torn loose by the storm and we have no way of getting it out. I am afraid it is going to fall on us when we are out there. It is really big and you would need a saw to cut it up with and a ladder to get to it. it would make good firewood. if someone could come and get this out we would be grateful. and you can keep the wood and there is a few other limbs that are already down . we are located on the westside off of broad st. thank you so much.

While you have your saw and ladder out, might as well get this other one (someone's follow-up to the first ad)

RE: Tree Limb - same problem (Hilltop - West Columbus)
Date: 2008-11-09, 10:42AM EST

We have the same problem, only ours is still partially attached and is WAY up high. Any takers?

Haha ... "like a cord to be left behind" ... I'll pass on this one

Looked at the add...he said there was a total of 540' of limbs, so my math says there's only about 1-1/3rd cords there on a good day.

Makes you wonder how much it's people who just don't have a sense of measurement, and how much is people ripped off as to what a "cord" is.

normal thinking has been skewed by $4 gas - people are thinking "if I could just get some more firewood, I'll be set for winter."

Other people - homeowners, are thinking "maybe they will take it for nothing, what the heck."

Folks, these people aren't crazy for asking the wood to be taken away for nothing; we're the fools (not me, but I know a few) that are taking them up on it.

wonder if my car insurance would work

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/zip/907034009.html take down for wood (Galion)
Date: 2008-11-05, 2:55PM EST

I would like someone to take this tree down. Proof of insurance needed. I will take care of the small branches so long as the big hunks are removed.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 907034009

Last edited:
tree hugger and whale kisser unite

please help before it's too late:chainsaw: :cry:
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/zip/901079816.html
Bushes (Parma)
Date: 2008-10-31, 6:12PM EDT

I have two bushes that grew over my sidewalk so I cut them back. I want to get rid of them before winter comes full force. I am planning to just cut them offf at the stump and deal with the roots next spring. However, if anyone wants to come save them, please do. I have a small chain that might help and some shovels. I'd be willing to help but I don't know what I'm doing. I've heard they're supposed to be attached to a car or something but I can't do that with mine. IDK

Point is, if no one contacts me with interest in these bushes by next week, I will be killing the bushes :( I just need them gone, I'm not asking for dirt in it's place or anything.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 901079816

This guy wants you to pay him for thinning his trees!

Date: 2008-11-04, 1:09PM PST

Large Scotch pine some doug fir, need to clean them out, u dig or cut,
fifteen per tree, prefer a minumum of ten, have about a thousand.
Maybe the lodge pole furniture? Or would be good too cut and season for firewood
Tree's are located outside canby about halfway to Molalla or woodburn

Back