Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another one:

Free Broken Concrete (Baton Rouge)
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-11-16, 7:18PM CST

Broken concrete is free if you come get it. Located at the corner of Government and Croyden. Call 229-0451.

Broken concrete is great if there is no rebar and it's all 4" or 6" thick. Take the pieces, place them on a bed of sand (just like sandstone), and you can make a porch, walkway, etc. Use concrete stain (applied with a weedsprayer) and stain the concrete, dry, then fill in the gaps with mortar, sand, whatever.

KRS

Wonder what it is ?

Your advice for my wood - $1 (any)
Date: 2008-12-12, 10:49AM EST

I'll bring you a load of firewood in exchange for some advice on a non profit idea I have. Tom 555-555-2223

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: xxxxxxxxx

How about this joker :)

This guy designs websites and wants to either do a barter with a pathetic pearl necklace or a poorly designed website - I bet his phone is ringing off the hook :) LOL
I think he is better off just paying out for the wood - :)

==========================================================

I Need Firewood - I have a lot to trade!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2008-12-11, 12:01PM EST

I need seasoned firewood delivered to Commack. I can trade . . .

1: A Custom Built Website For Your Business or -

2: Advertising on my busy website - www.ThePrintBroker.net or -

3: A brand new 16" set of Akoya Pearls (necklace). These sell on the Internet for as much as $700.00

If you have firewood and want to barter, contact me. I am ready to go . .

Ron Cusano
Shiloh Graphics & Marketing
Web Design & Graphics
http://www.ShilohGraphics.com
http://www.ThePrintBroker.net
[email protected]
Tel: (631) 864-0814
Cell: 631 219-8106
Lowest Prices On 4-Color Printing
We Beat Any Legitimate Price!
Business Cards, Post Cards, Brochures

This guy's a real hoot!!:D

Standing Dead trees (Central NJ)
Date: 2008-12-26, 9:21AM EST

Pick from 3 Standing Dead trees, about to topple over onto my house with the next wind... Located in my cheap neighbors yard who doesnt care if it falls on her house or mine ... take it away, Ill let you borrow the chain saw to chop it .. great for firewood !

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 969893232

How about $1300.00 a cord for Red Cedar.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/grd/975487814.html

Firewood for Chiminea (Cedar) - $17 (Wichita, KS)
Date: 2008-12-31, 10:17AM CST

Cured Cedar wood cut and split in chunks for use in your Chiminea. Cedar smells great while burning and this wood is a great option to the expensive Pinon Pine sold in stores for most Chimineas at a much higher price. 25 lbs for 17.00 or 50lbs for 32.00 Call Brent at 316-258-1832 or email.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 975487814

It smells good but I dont know about it being THAT good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-01-05, 9:01PM CST

Loads of free firewood all stacked up & ready to go! Please pick it up!!!
Liz 816-853-2223
Thanks!!!

After that, the husband posts this ad:

FREE FIREWOOD......PLEASE READ!! (INDEPENDENCE, MO.)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-01-07, 2:25PM CST

THE FIREWOOD IS GONE SO PLEASE STOP CALLING MY PHONE!! IF YOU ARE CALLING ABOUT THE FIREWOOD THAT LIZ HAD, PLEASE STOP CALLING BECAUSE THE WOOD IS ALL GONE AND THE ADD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM CRAIGSLIST!! THANKYOU!

Apparently, they got a FEW calls.:)

Last edited:
How much "firewood" can you get from a 3 foot bush?:confused:

Firewood (Raytown)

Date: 2009-01-05, 3:59PM CST

We have a dead bush that is about 3 foot tall on the side of our house. We don't have a chainsaw to cut it down. So here is the deal, The branches that are left on it would be perfect for firewood. Come and cut it down for us you can have that fire wood and the branches that are next to it from the trees from our back yard if you need it.

Normally I overlook any spelling errors because we all make errors but sometimes - just sometimes - the mis-spelled word creates a WHOLE new meaning. Here are just two from today with the spelling correction below them:

"mini (beer whine etc) fridge for sale"
whine should be wine

"Motion Censored Old Fashioned Santa"
censored should be sensored (unless this is an X-rated Santa)

And then we have this one... wonder what kind of day this person had and then they typed this:

(Riding mower/snowblower attachment listed for sale) It runs like its brand new have to sell broke i do not want to i owe 1500 on a ticket so thats the magic number.

Shari

Last edited:
I laughed so hard I think I broke something !!!

Nothing like the feeling of burning 1,000 dollar bills.

If there were a market for it I'd bring some to town instead of piling it and burning it where it grew.

need tons of sawdust.<BR>
Just follow me into the woods, my Stihl will give you all U will need!<BR>
Pellets for a wood stove!?<BR>
Did I miss something?:confused:

This guy wants to trade working on saws for tattoos!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bar/981921963.html

I do small engine repair and specialize in 2 cyle engines such as chain saws, trimmers, blowers, etc. I was a top 10 Stihl dealer in Northern California for 3 years in a row. Have lots of experience. I will consider trades, tell me what you have.
I will pick up and deliver for a $20 charge in the Vancouver area or you deliver to me, I'll diagnose while you're here and tell you what parts you need. You buy the parts, bring back to me and I'll fix it. There are a lot of circumstances when parts aren't even needed. I also sharpen chains by hand and can teach you the proper filing techniques. Licensed. Trade for fishing gear, guitar stuff, tattoo work, tools.

Last edited:
This guy wants to trade working on saws for tatoos!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bar/981921963.html

I do small engine repair and specialize in 2 cyle engines such as chain saws, trimmers, blowers, etc. I was a top 10 Stihl dealer in Northern California for 3 years in a row. Have lots of experience. I will consider trades, tell me what you have.
I will pick up and deliver for a $20 charge in the Vancouver area or you deliver to me, I'll diagnose while you're here and tell you what parts you need. You buy the parts, bring back to me and I'll fix it. There are a lot of circumstances when parts aren't even needed. I also sharpen chains by hand and can teach you the proper filing techniques. Licensed. Trade for fishing gear, guitar stuff, tattoo work, tools.

Hey windthrown, do you live somewhere in the Vancouver/Portland area?

Back