Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Logger, Tree cutting service (Frederick, MD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-06-27, 4:00PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got about 5 large oak trees that need to be cut down. If you're a logger who is interested in cutting them down for FREE and selling them, please contact me ASAP! These are tall trees and will require either a bucket equipped vehicle or a crane to cut the trees off in sections.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
•Compensation: no pay

PostingID: 1814001096

Free firewood - free delivery !!!

thats right, free delivery of free firewood!
.. how can you beat that!?

http://cnj.craigslist.org/zip/1815556704.html
Free Firewood removed from a garage. This wood was siding and shelving/etc removed from a garage during a rennovation. I will deliver this wood for free within 25 miles from my location in piscataway. The wood is free and delivery is free within 25 miles of piscataway. Please call rather than email as i don't check email as often. Wood would be optimal in an outdoor or indoor woodburning furnace, a fire pit, or would be excellent for a campfire. All of the wood might total about 5-6 loads in my 8' pickup bed. I will be happy to deliver any number of loads whether 1 or all or anywhere in-between
3n03ma3lb5Q45W15U5a6sc628c6607a8d17af.jpg

3na3md3oc5O65Q35R0a6s1eb7f3aa42a51530.jpg

Another homeowner dreaming of big bucks....

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/grd/1827546649.html

American Black Cherry Tree Wood (Haymarket)
Date: 2010-07-05, 10:57PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

American Black Cherry Tree (50-60 ft. in height) to be taken down; can be milled and air dried for furniture, flooring, etc. Price negotiable.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

60 feet, eh? So that's going to be what, maybe 14-16": DBH? :monkey:

WOW! a 4 cylinder lawnmower!

I'm not sure I'd want a mower this guy had "repaired"....

Lawn Boy Silver Series 6.25 HP Self-Propelled 4 cylinder Lawn Mower - $80 (Manassas RT/28)
Date: 2010-07-05, 2:35PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

Lawn Boy Silver Series 6.25 HP Self-Propelled 4 cylinder Lawn Mower

Silver Series
6.25 Hp
Easy Start
4 cylinders
Easy Mulch
Easy 4n1 System
Easy start self propel

The lawn mower starts on 1st pull and in excellent condition..

***Will consider taking money off if you bring me your old or non working lawn mower

If you see this ad, then the lawn mower is still available. If you want to purchase the lawn mower, please call 703-436-7544 8am - 8pm.

Ah, cylinders, cycles, what's the big deal?

:monkey:

You mean scored??

A partial list of (terms?) ebay sellers have used to describe a piston which has done a dance w/ straight gas

Scared
Scarred
Scortched (yes, wrong word & misspelled)
Scraped
Scrapped (pretty sure this was supposed to be scraped)
Burnt

BTW, did anyone see the ebay listing (I believe it was for an echo 370) a few months ago that read "used once, cut off leg"? It went on to say that he had bought the saw to do some tree work, but decided to hire a pro & keep his arms & legs intact. Talk about a marketing ploy! Still laughing @ that one

Not exactly wood related, but fire related

Free Boxspring for burning or ??? (Woonsocket)
Date: 2010-07-12, 11:07AM EDT

Hi,
I have a queen size boxspring I need to get rid of, I wouldn't recommend using it as bedding because it was infested with bed bugs thanks to my ex-boyfriend. I'm pretty sure I killed them all but you never know. I think it would look great on nice bon fire :)

Please only contact with serious inquiries & you must be able to pick it up yourself.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1838533466

For those of you who need a translation from Woonsocket-ese to English:
"Hi, I'm skeevy, would you like to come get some free bedbugs?"

Correct me if I am wrong here, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy two half cords from this guy, then to buy one full cord? If I had $200 to burn, I would go down and purchase two half cords just for ####s and giggles.

SEASONED FIREWOOD (Lansdale and all of Montgomery county)

Date: 2010-06-15, 6:03PM EDT

Seasoned Firewood for sale pickup or delivery 190$ acord 90$ a half cord 85% oak 5%ash 5%maple 5%walnut . call 215 237 0180

PostingID: 1793863694

Don't worry about screwing up...

stump carvers (douglassville)

Date: 2010-06-10, 6:35PM EDT

i have a big stump that you can practice on or display your work. but sorry i cant pay you. if you screw up its ok i need the firewood

PostingID: 1785629280

At least...

and maybe a legal document to absolve you of being an accomplice to anything bad that will happen.

attachment.php

At least they're not begging for free firewood w/ the out of work sob-story. There was a CL posting here last December complaining that the oil grant ONLY gave them 1 tank full, & they'd used it ALL already. My oil furnace is old & inefficient, even before we burned wood, 1 tank lasted most of the winter. There's your tax $$ at work--- some slacker got $800 worth of free oil from the gov't & ran wild w/ it---- thermo. on 80 & the windows open!

Correct me if I am wrong here, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy two half cords from this guy, then to buy one full cord?

If you follow up with him, you will probably find him defining a 'half cord' (1/2 of a cord) as what you and I might call a 'face cord' (1/3 of a cord). Just my guess.

Philbert

What a deal

email this posting to a friend indianapolis craigslist > for sale / wanted > materials
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
free firewood if you cut (Indianapolis)

Date: 2010-07-14, 1:52PM EDT

Free 6 trees for firewood!

This tough economy calls for creativity. We have 6 Elm trees with the following diameters 13", 14", 15", and 3 trees at 22" that need to be cut down. The trees are in great condition. These trees are 30' to 40' tall.

Here is the deal.

FREE except for your time, chain saw, gas, etc.
You must have experience and equipment to remove trees over a house.
You must be bonded and insured since some of the branches go over the roof.
You haul away all the firewood for free!

Call Jim at 513-300-6973

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1842760095

40,000 gig hard drive!!!

Okay, it's not firewood/chainsaw related but it's still funny:

Dell 2400 - $100 (Strasburg)
Date: 2010-07-13, 11:19AM EDT

For sale dell deminsion 2400 computor. 40,000 gig hard drive, 512 ram, windows XP, Cleaned and ready to go. Just need to put virus protection on.Great for checking e-mail and surf web. Great for kids first computor. Comes with tv still screen and key board and mouse. Works great

Uh, lessseeee here, 40,000 gigs would be 40 terabytes! :dizzy:

I don' theeeen so, Lucy!

Branches for mulching and wood chipping (Hartford)
Date: 2010-07-16, 9:33AM EDT

Lots of branches and small pieces of wood for wood chips and mulch. First come, first serve! Bring your wood chipper on site and haul out the mulch and wood chips!

Great for gardens, wood stoves and many other uses!

860-249-5623

wow

Burl Maple Tree - $1500 (Hayward) picBurl Maple Tree - $1500 (Hayward)
Date: 2010-07-16, 12:15PM CDT

One of a kind Burl Maple Tree for sale, 40’, plus tall, can be used for lumber or unique wood artisan items. 1500.00 Or best offer
attachment.php
[/IMG][/IMG]

maybe jim will go easy on ya if ya tell him you want to kill yourself if you dont get his trees http://serenityspr.com/JamesYoung.html
email this posting to a friend indianapolis craigslist > for sale / wanted > materials
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
free firewood if you cut (Indianapolis)

Date: 2010-07-14, 1:52PM EDT

Free 6 trees for firewood!

This tough economy calls for creativity. We have 6 Elm trees with the following diameters 13", 14", 15", and 3 trees at 22" that need to be cut down. The trees are in great condition. These trees are 30' to 40' tall.

Here is the deal.

FREE except for your time, chain saw, gas, etc.
You must have experience and equipment to remove trees over a house.
You must be bonded and insured since some of the branches go over the roof.
You haul away all the firewood for free!

Call Jim at 513-300-6973

PostingID: 1842760095

Firewood/please read (Rochester)

Date: 2010-07-23, 6:01PM EDT

I have 5 trees in my backyard that need to be cut. I am looking for someone that would cut the trees, free of charge, and take the wood to use (free of course!) for personal purposes or to sell for firewood. You must be in the business of cutting trees, have worker's comp and your own insurance/liability.......

Please respond through this add or call Joey at 585-899-0236. If I don't answer PLEASE leave a message as I could be on the phone. at work, or driving!!!

PostingID: 1859613028

Copyright © 2010 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

free wood

http://nwct.craigslist.org/zip/1862138317.html

Free wood You cut the trees (Harwinton,Ct.)
Date: 2010-07-25, 11:36AM EDT

I have 6 or 7 large trees that are in danger of hitting my septic tank / leech fields and my house : one was hit by lightening and one is split down the middle. I can't afford to pay some one to take them down.

You can have all of the wood to do what you want with.. You MUST have up to date insurance as I won't be responsible if something happens. Also you will need a bucket and a chipper. I want them down SOON!

Latest posts

Back