Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if I would post an ad like this, but can understand the sentiment

LAWN CARE GUYS PLEASE READ!!!

Ad:
I am reaching out to my lawn maintenance friends. I had a few pieces of equipment
stolen on Monday Nov 14. It was a shindawa backpack blower with a btoken handle
shindawa weed eater 242 shindawa chainsaw 488 in pretty rough shape
Stihl edger and stihl hedge trimmer 18" hand held set. I have all the serial numbers
for these and will offer a good reward for the return of my hard earned equipment
and please do me a favor if someone approaches you with this assortment of equipment
Hold them down and call me 678-283-3983 and i will come and beat the living daylights
out of this individual and pay you for your time. It was stolen on hwy 78 in snellville
Near the stone mntn end. Thanks for reading my rave and thanks for your time. I would
do the same for you TRUST ME! I HATE THEIVES!

I like it. You know, that's the way it used to be... and prople didn't steal from you because they were afraid of getting their butts kicked; but now, they get a lawyer, go to court, and either beat it or get a slap on the wrist (not really; that would constitute abuse or something of the sort). Let's go back to the olden days.

$50 per tree; now that is some serious dough [sarcasm]

ATTENTION NEED BUCKET TRUCKS - $50 (Creola)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-11-02, 10:37PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a leaner/hanger contract, removal of broken limbs, pay is $50.00 per tree, for the recent snow storm on the east coast, need all buckets truck that are wanting to go to work, tell anyone you know that has a bucket truck, if interested give me a call KEITH @251-455-6090 THANKS!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2682605835

thats probably actually close to what FEMA pays. back when katrina came through the co I work for sent 2 crews on a FEMA gig I forget what the exact number was but they were doing like 4500-5K a day per crew no chipping just get it safe and stack it on the curb so if you know how to run your bucket you can make some serious money

They Looking To Get Paid..... Or Pay ???

Trees that have been cut down

email this posting to a friend new hampshire craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Trees that have been cut down - $350 (NH/ME/MA)

Date: 2011-11-16, 2:34PM EST

We have 2 large trees that was cut down by a tree service. Each tree is 20" diameter of solid hard wood excluding bark. Bring your own means of cutting. Want them gone asap. $350 for everything. Call Stephanie at 603-731-2496 for more information.

PostingID: 2705802882

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum

You know.... we get these kind of calls occasionally where someone wants us to pay them to cut down their tree, like we can trade the wood for gold or something. I know guys use to remove them for free, then sell the wood, but they left a big mess because all they were after was the meat. But, does anyone even do this sort of thing anymore? Just curious. People are crazy.

I've seen several recurring ads from the same cheap bstrds wanting a redwood tree thats 40 feet tall removed for the wood only. And it's in between houses with no room to work. Yet another wants to give away the wood that's on the trunk only, meaning you cut the thing down, and they keep everything but the trunk, which is your reward. They even put up a picture with a circle around the parts you don't get.

I did get some free wood from one guy this year that was already cut up oak, but when I got there it was on a steep incline, and you also had to walk along the narrow edge of a pool that was dug into the hill. Then you had to go up some stone steps, once again very steep and alongside the house to the street. Very, very hard work, carrying only a few woods at a time. Couldn't help but spill bark and chunks into the pool as you went by. Don't think I'll do that again, and normally I would have walked from that one in the first place, but I had driven my truck and trailer some distance that I didn't want to waste. Wish I would have snapped a picture of that pool route too, as it was just a couple cobblestones wide and about 12' long. definately work only a sure-footed injun should have taken up.

But this weeks prize actually goes to the cheapo that posted free leaves, if you rake them. I thought the free dirt if you dig it one was self-gratuitous enough, but this little prize won't even give a neighbor kid a few bucks to rake their lawn. Sometimes you wonder if they're joking, but after the odds show you otherwise, you just assume the worst

old underwear/clothes - $20 (Lansing)

Date: 2011-06-22, 11:06AM EDT

looking to buy womens panties. will pay reasonable prices.

PostingID: 2455579655

That's my ad and there is nothing wrong or illegal about it... least I am not asking people just to give them to me for free.:biggrin:

not firewood related but none the less a c list laugh

I am need of latina maid that can cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner. must know how to cook regular america foods. her age should be around 25 to 30 years .must not be married, or have kids, or be fat. the reason for these rules is if she is married her husband we be calling all the time checking on you also no kids because they will call her all day, also not be fat because I do not want this latina maid to be fat and becuase of her fat she suffers a heartattack. in my place. then I will have investgation going on. please call xxx-xxx-xxxx.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: 7.00hr

it should read as hi I'm looking for a hot latina maid that I would eventually like to have an affair with because my wife isnt putting out anymore... and $7.00 an hour, isn't minimum wage over 8 bucks now???? wait I got it its a job where she will recieve tips hmmmmm something smells fishy here

not firewood related but none the less a c list laugh

I am need of latina maid that can cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner. must know how to cook regular america foods. her age should be around 25 to 30 years .must not be married, or have kids, or be fat. the reason for these rules is if she is married her husband we be calling all the time checking on you also no kids because they will call her all day, also not be fat because I do not want this latina maid to be fat and becuase of her fat she suffers a heartattack. in my place. then I will have investgation going on. please call xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Compensation: 7.00hr

it should read as hi I'm looking for a hot latina maid that I would eventually like to have an affair with because my wife isnt putting out anymore... and $7.00 an hour, isn't minimum wage over 8 bucks now???? wait I got it its a job where she will recieve tips hmmmmm something smells fishy here
Hmmmmm...aren't the Obama's from Chicago....? In November he will be looking for a new job....maybe you can get his wife to work for you....By her looks you won't need a guard dog.....LOL (I know....really bad..........LOL :biggrin:

What's a "quard"?

quards of firewood

quards of firewood (anywhere with in the state further from bristol area may hav)

Date: 2011-11-26, 8:40AM EST

what I do is supply people with constant firewood I will deliver any time 120 for half quard n 220 for a whole quard there maybe a fuel charge do to the distance being over 15 miles from bristol and that diesel is $4.10 per gallon.

----
Posted from Craigslist Mobile for Android
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.duduapps.craigslistfree

Location: anywhere with in the state further from bristol area may hav
PostingID: 2721023499

Free firewood

Free firewood, already cut. Solar street, Bristol VA (Solar St., Bristol VA)

Date: 2011-11-27, 4:19PM EST

We cut down a tree and hauled it to the street. You may have to split some of it, but it has been cut into mostly manageable sections. You'll need a partner to load though.

Dig/muddle/haul at your own risk. Don't email, I won't answer. No one will be available to help you.

PostingID: 2723320277

Won't answer email, no phone number, no house number, I guess you just drive back and forth on Solar St. till you see some wood.

Free firewood, already cut. Solar street, Bristol VA (Solar St., Bristol VA)

Date: 2011-11-27, 4:19PM EST

We cut down a tree and hauled it to the street. You may have to split some of it, but it has been cut into mostly manageable sections. You'll need a partner to load though.

Dig/muddle/haul at your own risk. Don't email, I won't answer. No one will be available to help you.

PostingID: 2723320277

Won't answer email, no phone number, no house number, I guess you just drive back and forth on Solar St. till you see some wood.

Wouldn't be too hard, Solar St. ain't but two blocks long. Google maps tells me this from 1100 miles and two mouse clicks away.

Trees that have been cut down

email this posting to a friend new hampshire craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Trees that have been cut down - $350 (NH/ME/MA)

Date: 2011-11-16, 2:34PM EST

We have 2 large trees that was cut down by a tree service. Each tree is 20" diameter of solid hard wood excluding bark. Bring your own means of cutting. Want them gone asap. $350 for everything. Call Stephanie at 603-731-2496 for more information.

PostingID: 2705802882

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum

The 350 Stephanie paid me sure came in handee :)

"FREE"(firewood)Live Oak-Tree! (mobile)

Date: 2011-11-16, 2:40AM CST

Large Live Oak-Tree "FREE" for the Cutting of Tree and Removal of Stump!..Tree Available "ONLY" To A Professional Tree Service Company!...Please Do Not Respond If You Intend On Charging A Fee Of Any Kind!...This Tree Will Generate Alot of Profit/Money from the Sale of Fire-Wood This Season And Will Easily Pay For The Involved Labor And Still Leave Plenty Of Profit/Money To Be Pocketed From The Removal Of This Tree And stump!... Professional Tree Companies Only Reply!....This Tree Is Available On A First Come-First Serve Basis's "Only" And Has To Be Done & Completed "ASAP"!!!

firewood fire wood ready to burn

My name is ******* and I'm selling fire wood has been split three months ago and ready to be burned.
I have a 8ft. bed on my truck
half a pallet $50
half a cord $ 80
a full 8ft. bed cord $ 155
Will deliver for a small charge and will also stack for a small charge.
You can call are text me at *************
do not check email so no emails please

although i have to hand it to him
spelling it both firewood and fire wood in the title opens your ad up to those who cant spell firewood

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back