CraigsList Wood With a Bonus.............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ductape

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So i answered an ad on CL for free wood. Trees on the ground.... take all you can cut. I'm thinking...... Score Bobby Orr !!!! Right? Well, not exactly.

I get there and its all just slash piles from where they had some of their lot cleared. I can't get my truck anywhere near most of the wood...... so i cut for five minutes.... lug wood by hand for an hour. Cut for five minutes, lug wood for an hour..... all afternoon.

CLWood002.jpg

CLWood003.jpg

About midway through the afternoon, the homeowner says: "See that pile of hardwood near the road? I promised that to my friend that has a fireplace. If you're interested, I'll pay you fifty in cash to cut that pile to stove length"

No problem ! Twenty minutes with my MS210, and I was on my way home with about 3/4 cord of wood and fifty bucks in my pocket ! I wouldn't complain if that would happen once a week.:cheers:

CLWood005.jpg

CLWood001.jpg

I hate it when they push everything into a big pile. Usually it get's burned right there......
Now a $50 spot to cut some logs up.....wow!

RD

Good deal DT. :cheers:

I thought this was going to be a pity party thread at first. Glad your tale had a happy ending!

I've never scored anything on CL. Though I understand that there's a gutted M24 tank close by that's free for the taking. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back