Crank Seal Bad??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blowncrewcab

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I Have a Husky 350, It Runs, Idles fine but when I try to tune for Max RPM it seems like it has a Rev Limiter ( It sounds like a Crotch Rocket on the Rev Limiter) Waaaah, Waaaah, Waaaah, It wont hold RPM. The Carb is Perfect, Totally dissambled and cleaned. The only thing I can think of is a Bad Crank Seal. Whats the Symptoms of That??? And how do you check it???? Thanks in Advance....

The Coil has a Part # of
537 16 21-01
2002 W12
809 205 82
It is a Black Coil, I tuned it to run at 10,000 it ran like Crap, then 11,500, Still Crap. The faster I let it go the Crappier it got. Breaking up like a rev limiter, Not the 4-stroke sound we like to tune to... it will Idle perfect, Come off the "L" Screw perfect, actually accelerates great, Isnt until it gets to the top that it runs bad... Has Great compression, Starts in 2-3 pulls. Does the same thing buried in wood.. Any ideas??

After tring more, it'll only go to 11,500. Even though then the "H" needle is about 3/4 turn from being bottomed out. Sumting Wong....

If that saw was mine I'd take it completely apart including the adapter block and then make sure everything is put together RIGHT.

Had a 359 in the shop a couple weeks ago with the same symptom and swore it was the carb or air leak. Spent a lot of time chasing that down. Put an in-line type spark tester on and could see it loosing spark as it stumbled at high rpm (over 8k or so). Swaped in the coil from my 2152 to confirm and it ran fine. A coil on its way out can do funny things!

Latest posts

Back