Crappy Weather Year!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewolf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This has got to be the worst weather year I have seen!
last year it wasn't much better either
It has rained so much since spring I am wondering if i should grow gills!
Its hard to run a Firewood business and sell seasoned wood if it gets soaked every day. Loggers can't get to their supply---Mud! I don't process wood in the rain as the logs roll in the MUD! and wood won't dry --- Argrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Not to mention the customers are on hold out this year... I had 100+ cords sold and moving this time last year .. with our economy in such poor state I am wondering if we are ever gonna pull out! I loaded 2 cord the other day and am waiting for the ok to deliver ---(Customer request bring wood only when its dry) Not Raining That's a Joke in its self!:deadhorse:

The weather here has been the same way. Very wet. Usually we are worried about fires this time of year. This year it's people getting stuck! Can't complain about moisture down here, we can use every drop, but it can still put a damper on wood-hauling.

right about now id like a global warming induced heat wave. this rain for other a month is a bummer on all levels....not of us here work outside for a pay check and this is supposed to be the easy/fun time of year to be outside. and i wonder if my wood will be ready come fall at this rate.

I'm a house painter. In CT we had 3 sunny days last month. I'm really in bad shape with this weather.

Driving to a sales meeting in Lowell, Mass. this morning in the rain I got singing along with a Dwight Yoakam album, puffs of breath steam visible. :confused:

It has rained so much since spring I am wondering if i should grow gills!
Its hard to run a Firewood business and sell seasoned wood if it gets soaked every day. Loggers can't get to their supply---Mud! I don't process wood in the rain as the logs roll in the MUD! and wood won't dry --- Argrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Not to mention the customers are on hold out this year... I had 100+ cords sold and moving this time last year .. with our economy in such poor state I am wondering if we are ever gonna pull out! I loaded 2 cord the other day and am waiting for the ok to deliver ---(Customer request bring wood only when its dry) Not Raining That's a Joke in its self!:deadhorse:
Send some of that rain out West we need it! mid June the count was something like 580 Forest Fires Burning. Not bad down here in the Southern part of the Provence but Central and Northern parts are very dry!

Well, the rain has calmed down here in the North-wet, but the weather has been strange, as in cooler than normal. I thought winter would never go away and now we have bans on when we can go out and cut wood? I hope we have a HOT summer, since winter took forever to go away!:cry:
We didn't get a spring to speak of at all, so I think it's going to be fast and furious on cutting at the end of summer.:chainsaw:

come get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

trees will just be falling over soon.the ground is saturated.this is nuts!

Feel free to send a bit of that weather our way. We could still use a bit of rain...:)

Amen brother, we are in about the 7th year of a drought here, my land is all sand, you can see the damage really easily here.

Steve

weather

I logged 36" on rain since January, then it shut off like on a timer. The Pinot Noir wine people say it is going to be an el ninio year (dryer/colder). Great, I thought the 4 feet of snow we had last winter was an off year.
"Global warming my eye"

I thought the weather last year was bad....right about now I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl with last years weather. Even with all the rain we have managed to pick up 3 nice trailer loads of maple and get most of it split...now I hope it will actually dry.

What really has my panties in a bunch is we can't cut any hay. I have 4 horses and get my hay for free in return for helping a buddy bale hay all summer (about 4500 bales total). With all the rain we haven't made a single bale. Normally we'd be at least halfway through first cutting by this time. Right now I have about 10 days worth of hay left in the barn. We need at least 3 good days to cut, dry and bale. All of the first cutting hay is dying in the fields and the second cutting is growing up through it....with the all the rain the field are REALLY thick which means even longer to dry.

Mother nature must be PMSing.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking.:cheers:

We are still deep in the rain cycle here(Maine), showers every day and downpours in the thunderstorms every night. I have started cutting firewood for the fall, but it certainly won't be dry when we need it.

Stop drinking? Can you explain how that works?

Back