Crazy bugger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My Cousin started burning wood in his garage about 2 years ago. He's been getting wood here and there. This year he got a cord of tree length so he went and got a used saw in the local ads. Well that saw broke and the parts were more then the saw so he started looking for another one. I was sending him some links trying to get him a better saw with a good name. I sent him several from the ads here on the site aswell as some from Ebay. Just for a joke I sent him a link for a 066 on Ebay. Today he asked me what I though the saw was worth. I said depending on what shapes it's in anywhere from $500-800. jokingly I said why are you going to buy it, he says he already did.
So he's going from a 30cc Homelite to a 92cc 066 with heated handle.

Crazy Bugger :dizzy::clap:

Last edited:
Thats good stuff there. "Lucy, you got some splanin to do":cheers: the first time he picks that sucker up.

Trade him one of your smaller saws for the 066 if it is any good. That is a big jump for a guy just starting to cut wood.

Cousin got his saw yesterday.. Got an email this morning.. I couldn't help but laugh.. It pretty much said

HOLY CRAP.. what did you get me into.!! He said he cut 4-5 piece and had to stop because he got tierd due to the size of the saw.. the 1st 1-2 cuts scared him because it cut the logs so fast and he wasn't expecting it. He was abit pissed because the chips covered his work bench about 20' away.
I'm not sure why he's cutting his wood in his garage but he is.. Probably because he lives in the city and he's got pissy neighbours that complain about noise.. HAHAH dual port on a 066.. GOOD LUCK!!

Anyway.. hopefully when he's done his wood the saw might see it's way over to me. I honestly don't need a saw that big, but it would be cool to own 1 and it would be an excuse to get into Milling!!

Please warn your cousin about the dangers of operating a gas powered saw in an enclosed space. I hope he at least had a window or door open to get some fresh air.

Now that he has that saw, you need to convince him that it is just too much for what he does. Good luck with that.

I'm pretty sure he must of had a door open or at least his vent on.. He was probably just playing with it 1st nigth and all.. I thinking I might beable to trade him after I get this 028 rebuilt. It'll be about the size he'll need, I figure the saw a some $$ would be worth the 066..

How far away does your cousin live from you? Personly and this is only my opinion.. if a friend of mine has only a 30 cc saw and never ran anything bigger and I recommended to him a 80-90cc saw.. I would be over thier in a heartbeat making sure that person is wearing full safety gear and walking him through on the saw of the increased dangers, not to mention retuning the saw and making sure everything is working correctly. I had a friend that wanted to buy my Husky 51 off of me for what i was aksing and he only ran a saw a few times. I told him i decided not to sell it becouse i did not want to have it on my consience ?? knowing i sold him the saw that could have killed him. I did offer to come over and help cut up his wood for his campfires for free though

Latest posts

Back