crazy job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just did an insane job that tested all my skills , i need 2 get a camera. 4 black ash(60 plus feet) in a square pattern and one had fallen partially down with a split in the bottom.with property and utility lines below. I removed onedown conventionally blowing the top out to make room for the leaner. I decided to rig the top of the leaner into a healthy tree, I tied a sling and block into that healthy tree(but since they all had defects I didnt want to go any higher than a crook in the tree(if it feels wrong dont do it 80% of all climbing accidents the climber felt sketchy but proceeded anyway)any way i tied the block then i saw a healthy crotch way higher up so i had the groundsmen send me some throwline and i got the rigging rope way high up which was much better , untied the block n sent it down, and put a porta wrap on the bottom of that tree. then i came down from that tree, and tied into another sound tree near the leaner , (previously i had used a throball to get the working end of that throwline securely around the top of the leane w a running bowline, the grounsman took up the slack.... while i was tied into another tree, beside the leaner i swung over to the leaner, and cut off a huge honkin top. which swung into the 1st tree, at one point i was tied into the leaner with my lanyard and i was scared it would fall with me tied to it even though nearly all my weight was in the other tree.

it was successful but it inspired me to take more rigging courses,

ill have to check for sure in the daylight tommorow but i thing that natural rigging point "flossed its way into the tree from the weight".

Dude you should have a camera any way. For estimates and insurance proof protection in case somebody says you broke something that was already broken. Like a gutter dented could cost $5.00 a foot for continuous gutter. A piece of advice for what it's worth - if you aint 100% shure don't do it! But hey if you got er' done good on ya' mate.

yeah i do take pics with my phone, even pruning jobs for before and after, but i will get a proper cam jus like the one i bought my son. It wasnt that i wasnt sure it was that i have a healthy fear. I nearly turned this one over to the bucket boys. I still have much to learn even though im better than the average

My grandad logged around Vernon, Kelowna & Kamloops, plus other areas. Mom is from Vernon. Lived in Nelson for several years as a child (mid 60's) and would go to my grandparents cottage on the Okanagan. Still have family out there. Nice place.

Yep it's nice here I did a stint in TO can't say the same for it sadly but as cities go it's not bad. I wouldn't want to do tree work there that's for sure too much traffic must be hell to maneuver a 5 ton!

Latest posts

Back