Creepy crallys while wood cutting (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a huntsman spider which is common in Australia.

attachment.php

That would flip me out! I don't mind snakes and lizards but bugs get to me. The Jackson chameleon in my avatar is on a palm tree next to my house.

Interesting! Looked these up on Wikkipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

The part about them coming into houses when it's about to rain sounds unnerving, as well as the "cling reflex" that makes them hard to shake off and more likely to bite, but it says they eat bugs and that's good. Something that size must eat a lot of bugs.

When I lived in New Zealand, one night on my way to the loo I stepped barefoot on a giant weta bug. I guess the cat had brought it in, gotten bored and left it. Not venomous, but if I could have crawled out of my skin I would have. Brrrrrrrrrr, I remember it well.

Jack

attachment.php

That would flip me out! I don't mind snakes and lizards but bugs get to me. The Jackson chameleon in my avatar is on a palm tree next to my house.

I'm afraid I'd have to buy a new Stihl tank and handle assembly. After I beat the :censored: out of that thing there would be nothing left of the saw.

:givebeer:

heck with that thing. . . .. you cant trust any thing with less than or more than one crotch. . . . i would make it a boot print or introduce it to mr.windsor speed tip.

SOB!!!!

THAT is why I could never live any further south than I do!!!!!!

NASTY!!!!!!

I would have left the saw....or splashed gas over the whole works and torched it!!!!

I won't sleep tonight!

or introduce it to mr.windsor speed tip.

I usually stomp the :censored: out of 'em but the thought of cutting them with the chain has crossed my mind. I have not done this due to the fear of one cutter may nick the spider just enough to fling it on my neck.:dizzy:

When I was younger, hired on to a custom windrowing oufit in NSW, Australia. Those Huntsman took a long while to get used to. From experience, I can tell you that they get BIGGER, and are really fast. Always looked twice for getting into the swag.

When I was younger, hired on to a custom windrowing oufit in NSW, Australia. Those Huntsman took a long while to get used to. From experience, I can tell you that they get BIGGER, and are really fast. Always looked twice for getting into the swag.

I have seen um jump as well.

So where are the pictures of the saw with the bullet holes and spider guts all over it? :monkey:

We call them wood spiders here in FL. At least here in Zephyrhills, FL.

They bite like crazy but do not have poison so they just aggrevate the snot of you!

They are in small places and when you reach in to do something, they are biting at once.

I don't like spiders but at least they are not deadly. The stupid brown recluse and brown/black/red widows down here are insane. Especially the widows. They are everywhere!

Latest posts

Back