Creosote Buildup - Cleaning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please guys, for your own safety, see if you can get some kind of cat converter to install on your stoves. I have a Consolidated Dutchwest thats 25 years old with the original cat on it and it doesnt get anywhere near that clogged. Once a year I would clean the chimney and practically nothing would come out. What did was probably from starting the fires before I closed the damper actuating the cat converter. I used it heavily for 10 years, then went to oil and used it occasionally since then. Every spring I ran a brush thru and maybe a 1/4 TO 1/2 small shovel would come out. The cap never got anything other than discolored w/black but no soot build up.

The pictures I saw made me fear for your well being. There probably are aftermarket cats that attach to your chimney where it comes out of the stove. At the very least burn your unit very hot ( after your chimney is cleaned ) a couple times a week and it should reduce the build up.

:monkey:

355634912.jpg
Sweet looking set up. They also made stoves that resembled Fisher and Warner models. I like yours better though.

Latest posts

Back