Crofters Air Force

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crofter

Crofter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey mike, you got that right. I have been drooling for an electric. The castor and alcohol ones are such a pain to clean up ( the oil mix is 6 to 1) Electric used to be so heavy that performance really sucked but the new Litium Ion batts and brushless motors are times more efficient. Still about double the price tho to put a plane in the air.

ShoerFast

ShoerFast

Tree Freak
Morrison Colorado, at the base of the Rockies
Plane on hood can melt the tires!

Frank
Did you know that if you put an electric plane on the hood of your truck, facing forward and start to drive as you throttle up the engine, matching the rotation of the tires with the speed of the truck, so the tire speed is zero.
That you could burn the tires right off that thing, wrecking the hood of the truck!

A friend of mine is getting his true turbine F-16 just about dialed in, he got his time with an electric F-86,,,, he thinks that he will have very close to the same flight with the jet.

If money (and the art of making it,,,,,,,time) wasn't an issue, I would like to build a 4 moter Air force 1 out of spruce (747's are just my fav.) (and nothing has more slats and flap's, I think it could get right down and dirty slow!) This is just a dream idea, but use an engine out of a line trimer (or about) to drive a generator (and batteries) in the belly,,,,, An after the winning of the lotto idea!
,,,,, A dehaveld -7 is my second fav! a fine piece of Canadian engineering!