Current picts of wood cutting and weather conditions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry I did make it out with the farmer last weekend but forgot my camera...:(

The 4' oak ended up being maybe 30" and we didnt even get to it yet. He had a excavator in and dug most of the trees up, but it was so muddy we had to drive his 4wd Case 580 backhoe back to get what we did. We just cut the stumps off and drug them back out with the backhoe.

Semi chisel chains for sure after they had been rolled with the excavator and skidded with the backhoe. Most of what we brought up were 20" cherry and a 24" Oak.

Bucked it up and probably put close to 2 cord on the trailer to bring home.

Been raining all week here so there will be no cutting this weekend but maybe next weekend we can get the rest out.

We don't plan on bucking any up next time, just getting it out of the fields and moved up to the clearing by the road. At least we can cut it up anytime that way.

It is funny how those big trees shrink when threatened with big chainsaws. LOL.
It has gone soft here also,no more woods work for a month or more now until things dry up. Got lots of wood to process up out in the woodyard, was noodling up twisty birch yesterday so there will be a big pile of noodles in another day or two.
Pioneerguy600

No firewood permits till may the 1st. That's if I am really lucky! Looks like I am going to cut wood in my usual firewood area. Plus a secondary area down south of me. I am on track to burn 6 cords of wood this season! Yike, thats alot of wood for the normally mild winter that we have!

A nice day to make some of the wood I already have out of the woods into burnable sizes. This stuff was culled out as it has bad grain for putting through the splitter.

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201302.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201301.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201283.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201285.jpg

Noodles are good for starting the fire in winter, the rest of the year I use them for garden mulch, nice pics Jerry.

Thanks Wayne, these noodles take 10-15 years to rot up so not really good for the gardens, firestarter or landfill is where they all go, there is a steep bank right behind the woodpile, the Case loader makes short work of them.
Pioneerguy600

Hi Jerry,
How'd you like that BP 655. All three are nice looking saws.

Jeff, that saw actually suprised me, I have run P60`s but this one impresses me every time I run it, it has fantastic compression and pulls real hard in tough wood. I have several long bars for it and have yet to try the 36" or the 44" on it but I will in the near future. It sure has a lot of torque for a saw this size. The Farm Saw II is a very low hour saw and I just built the Jonsered up from a box of parts, it was the best noodling saw I run that day.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back