Custom machined billet head (Fundraiser For Adirondackstihl)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I wanted a more better performance cylinder for say an 075, is that enough info to go on or would I actually have to know more about what makes a saw tick?
I could easily provide sample stock heads, but have no idea what would make it baddass.
I seem dumb but am serious.
thanks
Dave

If I wanted a more better performance cylinder for say an 075, is that enough info to go on or would I actually have to know more about what makes a saw tick?
I could easily provide sample stock heads, but have no idea what would make it baddass.
I seem dumb but am serious.
thanks
Dave
Typically see machined heads on vertical cylinders like a 3120 or 088.
Not sure how you'd make one fit in the ole horizontal box style STIHL saws, but anything is possible.
Here's a fine example built by Cahoon.....

You can put a removable head on a horizontal cylinder saw pretty easily. Stihl made a prototype version of the 075 called the "050 Super", which essentially had an 075 jug with a removable head, and a lighter weight, single-ring piston. Saw-King had one in his shop for years. A lot of the Macs had removable heads. The D-44 and 44/55 Supers had removable heads.

You can put a removable head on a horizontal cylinder saw pretty easily. Stihl made a prototype version of the 075 called the "050 Super", which essentially had an 075 jug with a removable head, and a lighter weight, single-ring piston. Saw-King had one in his shop for years. A lot of the Macs had removable heads. The D-44 and 44/55 Supers had removable heads.

And there you have it folks!

Thanks JJ!
That 050 Super sounds bad azz!

And there you have it folks!

Thanks JJ!
That 050 Super sounds bad azz!

I'm building one myself. Parrisw found a NOS 050 Super piston and ring in a mom & pop saw shop in upper British Columbia and then gived it to me.

I think DefinitiveDave's hotrod 075 would be worthy of a two-piece head.

I'm building one myself. Parrisw found a NOS 050 Super piston and ring in a mom & pop saw shop in upper British Columbia and then gived it to me.

I think DefinitiveDave's hotrod 075 would be worthy of a two-piece head.
What ever happend to parrisw, did he get **** canned from here?

Back