Cut'n and Split'n

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got a 5+ cord load of tree length hardwoods last week from one of the local tree removal outfits. Got started this past weekend. I made fast work of cutting with my MS361 with a 24" bar and Stihl skip chain. I also broke out a Homie SXL Auto that I got this Summer from a estate/yard sale. The Homie only had a few hours use tops. I sanded the points to get spark back and ran it with a Laser 24" and skip chain as well. The SXL was nearly NOS - really fun to run one of these thats time capsule perfect, all correct fasteners, nothing broken or wired together, like brand new. Had a perfect weekend cutting in my own yard at my own pace.

fw3mf3.jpg

fw5lp6.jpg

fw9in6.jpg

fw97uf1.jpg

Looks like about as good a way to spend a day as any! I'll be glad when I can cut wood in cooler weather like it appears you're having.

I like the Lone Star on your garage. :)

Homie SXL vs Super XL

Seeing those pics reminded me of a saw I recenetly saw except it was red/black and said "Super XL". It looked like it had a decent sized motor and 3/8 pitch chain. How did your homelite compare in power and cutting speed to your 361?

Seeing those pics reminded me of a saw I recenetly saw except it was red/black and said "Super XL". It looked like it had a decent sized motor and 3/8 pitch chain. How did your homelite compare in power and cutting speed to your 361?

The older ones were blue, "SXL" stands for Super XL. Going to be heavier than a 361 by a good measure, slower, but will muscle through a tough cut better. I still haul mine out too, I love the saw, just has something "right" about it.

Mark

Latest posts

Back