Cutter wheel hard to turn by hand on a SC252

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeSwede

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is there any method to know if the wheel works with to much resistance? I came to think about it after grinding with a friend of mines SC362 and noticing that the wheel was spinning freely for a while after disengaging it, on my SC252 it stops immediately and that is different compared to how it has been before, I guess it has slowly changed without me noticing it but I'm not sure since I'm far from a full time stumpgrinder.
I think I read somewhere that you can measure clearance on the clutch somehow, could that be something to start with?

Is there any method to know if the wheel works with to much resistance? I came to think about it after grinding with a friend of mines SC362 and noticing that the wheel was spinning freely for a while after disengaging it, on my SC252 it stops immediately and that is different compared to how it has been before, I guess it has slowly changed without me noticing it but I'm not sure since I'm far from a full time stumpgrinder.
I think I read somewhere that you can measure clearance on the clutch somehow, could that be something to start with?
Hi all, anyone that has any thoughts or knowledge about this? Would be much appreciated!

Back