Cuttin Contractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greystoke

Tarzan
Reaction score
Not sure if any of youins know or not, but I have been thinkin about trying to mill myself out here and there to local loggers...might be a pipe dream since the timber industry sucks ass here, but who knows? Anyhow, I contract climb, remove and sometimes fall trees for other tree services, or forestry outfits...all that I have to have is liability insurance and independent contractors license/workers comp exempt form. Workers comp exempt form basically means that I can work on somebodies property without workman's comp (although I am covered under my Wife's medical insurance), and if I get hurt, I can't sue them. I am wondering if this would be the same if I wanted to go fall timber once in a while for a local logger, same as a cuttin contractor would? I am sure Montany has some different laws than others, but just thought I would throw it out there and see what came back. Thanks!

Pretty sure thats how the gypo's do round here but Im not much on the legal stuff. Ill ask around if no one else gets an answer for ya.

i'm wondering myself, i do what you do exept the cimbing plus grinding . but during the busy season i don,t have the time . my be during the winter a little.

Give your old buddy Smokin' Joe a call and find out. I figure you're staight legally as is, on the MT books. Be fun to get smoked on the piece count by ya........It'd be a race though.....

Give your old buddy Smokin' Joe a call and find out. I figure you're staight legally as is, on the MT books. Be fun to get smoked on the piece count by ya........It'd be a race though.....

I might have to swallow my pride and give him a call pard. I told you how I deal with guys wanting to know how much I am cuttin :tongue2: Besides, I have been out of the production timber fallin mode for quite a while...so I definitely won't be at my best!

Lol, nobody's at their best in the garbage we were in today. Can you say "microburst". Awesome.

In Oregon you need a general contractors license and 2 Million Dollar bond for any tree or forestry work.

Latest posts

Back