Cutting Firebricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberchukk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass along something I learned today. I was having a heck of a time cutting firebricks for my Kodiak boiler (the firebox is angled). I tried using a 25 dollar diamond infused masonary blade on my circular saw. Didn't cut well at all, it was previously used but it should've had some life left in it.

Today I bought a 3 dollar DeWalt abrasive fiberglass type blade and was pleasantly surprised. It cut very well. I cut 6 bricks to size and didn't use up that much of the blade. Take some advice from me though, wear your dustmask!

Good to know. Mine are just about due for replacing as a few of them have cracked over the last two years.

A wet tile saw cuts them great.

I'd bet it does. We remodeled our bathroom this summer so I had an excuse to buy a tile saw (among other tools-the only good reason to remodel anything). I had used a circular saw with a diamond blade to cut brick and tile in the past, but the wet saw makes the process a lot more precise and much more civilized.

Latest posts

Back