Cutting wood for neighbor, fair split?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a good plan. My dad and I used to do something similar for the guy that owned the farm we cut and hunted on. We would always call ahead and meet him at the house, and we'd all go cut together. Sometimes our neighbor would join in (land owner's son in-law). At the beginning of the deal, the land owner held his own just fine. We'd start off and just fill both trucks. That ol' guy was a hard work'n son of a gun. Even in my early teens, I could barely keep up with him. He was in his 80s by then, and I was no slacker. His grand kids couldn't keep up either, and they all had at least 3 years on me. At that point, dad and I together probably provided about half his wood, but it was never about the wood. It was about the friendships and the memories. I'm 40 now, and he's been gone for several years, but every time I go out there to cut, I remember those days with a smile. Thanks for resurrecting those memories once again.

Columbian immigrant or not, I've never met a hard working man ANYWHERE who had a positive thing to say about that the family that's been squatting at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave for nearly 7 years now.

Columbian immigrant or not, I've never met a hard working man ANYWHERE who had a positive thing to say about that the family that's been squatting at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave for nearly 7 years now.

I can honestly say I have never met a working man under his rule who had one positive thing to say either about the last 7 years and I know a lot of working men

Back