Cylinder swap on stihl034

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dano

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Stihl 034. I know they sell kits for this , 48 mm cyl with piston. I wonder if I can instal a 038 kit on it that has a 52 mm cyl with piston. The Block and cylinder stud mounts look the same. That would bring up the cc and power .The stroke is the same on the models so as long as the rod and piston pin is the same it should work. Anyone done this ?thanks

The 036 cylinder with the decomp has different shaped fins on it. These interfere with the plastic on the 034 and you either need to cut the cylinder or the plastics for the cover to go on. fwiw.

Hello. I have a Stihl 034. I know they sell kits for this , 48 mm cyl with piston. I wonder if I can instal a 038 kit on it that has a 52 mm cyl with piston. The Block and cylinder stud mounts look the same. That would bring up the cc and power .The stroke is the same on the models so as long as the rod and piston pin is the same it should work. Anyone done this ?thanks
The OEM 036 cylinder gives you the MOST performance
Thanks you. The Truth will make you free

Latest posts

Back