Cylinder Thread Repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Anyone Know If It’s Possible To Repair Threads On A 394xp cylinder ,If So What Is The Process
Helicoil, any competent saw shop will be able to do it. the inserts are cheap, but they do need to be tapped correctly.
the kingsert/timeserts etc need to be drilled to a much larger size, as a rule I try to save them until after the helicoil inserts fail, which is rare, but at least then you have one more go before scrapping it all together.

Helicoil, any competent saw shop will be able to do it. the inserts are cheap, but they do need to be tapped correctly.
the kingsert/timeserts etc need to be drilled to a much larger size, as a rule I try to save them until after the helicoil inserts fail, which is rare, but at least then you have one more go before scrapping it all together.
This is the exact reason I do the heli-coils first. Minimal material removal and I have yet to see one fail. Only thing I have seen is the “tail” will come out if it’s too close to the surface of the hole. I sink them one complete thread below the surface to prevent this from happening. I like timeserts but I feel the correct repair is the one that’s appropriate for the application. Sometimes heli-coils are best, sometimes timeserts are best. All depends on the situation.

Latest posts

Back