Da 211

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
it was my lucky day-
yesterday afternoon i received an email out of the blue from someone wanting to sell me a DA 211. i live in south ga, but happened to be in atlanta for a meeting. after exchanging a few emails, i made arrangements to buy the saw this afternoon. it turned out that i was only about 10 miles from the saw. the owner was 72 and has owned the saw since the early 50's. he bought it used from the shop where it was originally sold. he even told of using the saw to top a tree using a block and tackle to get hold it up. he was quite a character and let it be known that he did not really want to sell the saw, but was reaching the point in his life where he needed to clean out some things. after spending about 45mins looking around at his collection of guy stuff (old AC WD 45 tractor, blacksmith equipment, etc.) and talking about logging, farming and hunting, i promised to take good care of his saw and he finally said that he was happy to be selling me the saw bc he liked me.
i really felt sorry for the fellow....reaching that point in his life......
anyway, the saw is in excellent condition. i didn't check for compression or anything else with this saw. the gentlemen said he has used it as recently as 10 years ago and about 2yrs ago he and another guy got it cranked and running, then shut it down. i paid him and shook his hand several times. he asked me to come back.....i just keep thinking that one day i will walk in his shoes. i just hope my son will take care of all that i have collected.
Neal

pics in a few minutes.

here are some pics. i checked and it def has compression. i also checked the gas tank which was empty and clean: no dried up mix.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like 3/4", although some of these came with 9/16". Looks like you got a real nice one there. I too am dreading the day when I have to sell off all my outside toys because I'll be too old and crippled up to use them...

going the pick up the saw i was so excited. when i left i felt like i had stolen a little piece of his life. i guess i should be happy that he seemed to give me his blessing to take his saw away.

Great looking KA211 Saw NMURPH, May I suggest that you pick up a set of ignition coils for it. After 50 years the OEM coils crack and begin to fail. With fresh coils and good points and condensors, they will start by the second pull and purr like a kitten!

Bob

well, it fires with fuel in the cylinder. there is what looks to be a rotted hose in the tank, but i have pulled the pipe that leads from the tank to the carb and find that it has a filter. so i guess that whatever this rubber hose is it shouldn't be there. i don't see where this tank separates into two pieces? maybe a little carb cleaner will loosen the hose. otherwise, the tank looks perfect; not a bit of varnish.
where do i get coils, if needed?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back