Da 211

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, it fires with fuel in the cylinder. there is what looks to be a rotted hose in the tank, but i have pulled the pipe that leads from the tank to the carb and find that it has a filter. so i guess that whatever this rubber hose is it shouldn't be there. i don't see where this tank separates into two pieces? maybe a little carb cleaner will loosen the hose. otherwise, the tank looks perfect; not a bit of varnish.
where do i get coils, if needed?

peice of rubber may be the o ring from cap.

will check on cheap new coils today for you. :)

p.s. tanks comes apart with the screws on front

There should be no need to split the tank open. The filter unscrews out the bottom of the tank at the fuel pipe connection. No rubber in the tank unless someone dropped something in at some time.

Bob

took the tank off but did not split it. i determined it what i thought was some sort of rubber hose was actually the sealant used to seal the tank halves together.
i cleaned the carb but i still can't get it to run. this morning i got a couple of sputters, but now i can't even get that much.

Murph,
These saws are tempermental until you get the hang of them. They're bad for fouling plugs if used too rich. Check the float for proper operation with the needle and seat. The idle tube will plug with the tiniest obstruction. Try the idle screw a 1/4 turn off stop and gradually go out from there. I've got one DA-211 that I can't open the idle screw at all;it'll flood at idle. This saw will NOT idle perfectly smooth, or at least mine won't and I have three. BUT, when you rev them and put them in the cut, they take the load and smooth out nicely. When you learn it, you'll love it!
I see you've got a KB-7B. The DA 211 is strong,but not THAT strong!
Igpoe:cheers:

Last edited:
I have not had any problems with plug fowling. Now, let me clarify what I'm doing here. I do not use my saws for cutting (yet), only demonstration at engine shows. Most shows get nervous if there are chain saw demonstrations so I run them for people to see and hear but do not cut. I use the same fuel as I do in my work saws, 100LL + Stihl oil at 45:1. The saws start very easy, idle smooth, accelerate and run just fine. There is very little smoke and no plug issues. I run the stock J8J plugs.

For storage I empty the tank, blow it dry, and run the saw until it emptys out the carb and quits. Nothing special.

Bob

iggy, is there anything else i need to do other than make sure the float is free to move up and down? i cleaned all of the passages with carb cleaner.

The only thing else to remember is regardless of what the book and specifications call for as to carb settings,nobody knows the saws complete history and therefore the needles may have to go outside of specs. If the seat has been buggered-up then the main will have to be moved closer to the stop to meter the fuel obviously. And how does one visually inspect the seat? Beats me! With regard to the float;if just the right level can't be found,lower is better than too high. IMO
Igpoe:givebeer:

Beautiful saw. That is the one I'm looking for next. Hope you get to put it in some wood. Up at the Badger Steam and Gas Show in Baraboo, WI they let you cut rounds. It is neat to see these old saws cut thru the wood, makes you appreiciate the new ones a lot more.

As a side note: you run your saws out of gas? From what I've been told this can be harmful to the engine. Running out of gas basically means the saw leans out until it can't run. Your not lubing anything when there isn't any mix in there (running).

Thanks for sharing the saw with us.
Marty

Beautiful saw. That is the one I'm looking for next. Hope you get to put it in some wood. Up at the Badger Steam and Gas Show in Baraboo, WI they let you cut rounds. It is neat to see these old saws cut thru the wood, makes you appreiciate the new ones a lot more.

As a side note: you run your saws out of gas? From what I've been told this can be harmful to the engine. Running out of gas basically means the saw leans out until it can't run. Your not lubing anything when there isn't any mix in there (running).

Thanks for sharing the saw with us.
Marty

go get this one http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/grd/1592319948.html

Latest posts

Back