Dang if I was a rich man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A brand new in the box 562XPG is $830 MSRP from a Husqvarna dealer but I am sure the bargain hunters here can find good deals.
Not dissing the good old 262XP but paying $520 extra just to get rid of AutoTune seems a bit on the expensive side to me...
Could probably find a 2260WH for about the same maybe?

A brand new in the box 562XPG is $830 MSRP from a Husqvarna dealer but I am sure the bargain hunters here can find good deals.
Not dissing the good old 262XP but paying $520 extra just to get rid of AutoTune seems a bit on the expensive side to me...
At that price it is not a work saw, it is a collectible. How many of those do you think exist in the world?

Its just a collectors item at this point and I’m sure there are a few of them sitting in boxes somewheres. Definitely cool to see but not practical at all. Then again having more than a couple saws is unpractical but I’m sure none of us here have less than 10;)

Sure I’d rather have a New gen saw for working. But hey, this was the 60cc King of the day back then. As Someone Said there is not alot of those left. Collectors item! Or at least will be. So if you do not know what this is, simple leave it alone and buy something current to play with. This should be a shelf Queen or on display.

Motorsen

"Not many of these left".
That's how Porsche 914 owners justify the crazy prices they ask for their pieces of junk, leaving out there aren't many left because the plastics have long rotted away on cars not parked indoors and back in the days the headlight motors were worth more than the whole car.
I haven't seen a 914 sell in... 9 months? more? so the old saying"high prices are their own best cure" still holds true. Mostly. ;)

The morale in this story is sellers will always try to push the "collectible" angle to justify the crazy high price they are asking, and to push you, the prospective buyer, into handing them whatever silly sum they ask right away because "there's a queue a mile long" and "there aren't many left". It's a trick born in the real estate market but always remember old chainsaws haven't got a plunge protection team making sure prices can nly go up.

What good are heated seats if you can’t drive the car because it’s too valuable ?:):):)
Because that heated seats option may fund a big part of your retirement in 20 years. Scarcity + mass adoration = rising prices. That 262XPG is "worth" exactly what someone is willing to pay for it today. A year from now, it will be "worth" what someone else is willing to pay for it then. There is no right or wrong to it - it's just the way markets work.

I just picked up my third 262 saw. Gonna do a tag sale someday. It’s a great saw used by local loggers in that era.

I just picked up my third 262 saw. Gonna do a tag sale someday. It’s a great saw used by local loggers in that era.

Latest posts

Back