Dang it got COLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposed to be near 0* the next couple of nights. Had a fire going WFO this evening and will for the next couple of days.
The fireplace can provide all of the heat for the house down to about 10*. Below 10*, the furnace jumps in to help. It's 15* at the moment and 71* in the house.. The furnace hasn't run today.
I really like heating with wood. Saves me a boat load of money.
Down to -0 now.Wood furnace kecps it at 74 deg.all the time. Don't worry if I sleep in pellet stove takes over at 72, if pellet stove fails Then main furnace takes over. Staying warm in Mo.

Finally a couple weeks of decent weather. A bit of snow to play in and you can set around inside and out and not need to wear a thong and tank top to keep from having heat stroke. I would tell all you whining sissys to move some place warm but don't think there are enough warm places for all youns.

Looking forward to cut some wood tomorrow and not get ate alive by bugs and skidding logs and not have them covered in fricking mud.

:D Al

Down to -0 now.Wood furnace kecps it at 74 deg.all the time. Don't worry if I sleep in pellet stove takes over at 72, if pellet stove fails Then main furnace takes over. Staying warm in Mo.
It hit -1 here earlier this morning. I stoked the fireplace about midnight and again at 5am. The furnace didn't run at all last night, really surprised me. Didn't have any wind, I'm sure that helped.
Getting ready to go block up a bunch of logs.
Other than icy roads, I love winter.

It hit -1 here earlier this morning. I stoked the fireplace about midnight and again at 5am. The furnace didn't run at all last night, really surprised me. Didn't have any wind, I'm sure that helped.
Getting ready to go block up a bunch of logs.
Other than icy roads, I love winter.
-7 here winds was blowing last night. Snow packed over ice! We had about 3-4" of snow.Good day to stay in by the fire & get a tan Ha ha! Stay warm....

-7 here winds was blowing last night. Snow packed over ice! We had about 3-4" of snow.Good day to stay in by the fire & get a tan Ha ha! Stay warm....
3* at the moment and no wind. We got about an inch of snow, over the ice.
I'm headed out now to do some cutting. As long as there's no wind, It's comfortable, at least for me.

Back