Dang it got COLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitespider
Yep, it's winter... -22° at 6:30 this morning... we managed a balmy high of -6° at 3:30 this afternoon... -9° and falling right now.
Another 5-inches of snow came just ahead of the bitter cold.
The middle of the week looks better... 20s, maybe even touching 30°.

dozerdean

dozerdean

ArboristSite Lurker
3* at the moment and no wind. We got about an inch of snow, over the ice.
I'm headed out now to do some cutting. As long as there's no wind, It's comfortable, at least for me.
I get my wood from the Amish sawmill. Can't beat 12 dallors a load.And they load it for u! Can't go out & cut for that price! Stay warm.. & happy holidays!!

foeke

foeke

ArboristSite Operative
Just a sanity check. Are we talking Celsius or Fahrenheit? Nothing to complain about here in western germany. 10 degrees C. Just cold enough to do some work.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One mini 2 met Tapatalk

Toy4xchris

Toy4xchris

ArboristSite Operative
Started the past weekend with a high of 32 and a low in the teens and ended it with a high of 72 yesterday. I have no idea what is going on with the weather here haha. today the High was 38 and that was when I woke up at 4:30am.

Guswhit

Guswhit

ArboristSite Guru
Had to go plow snow Sunday morning for the few places widows I do for free or exchange for cookies and the truck temp said -6. Got back home around noon and was just goofing off channel surfing when I went past the Bears-Packers game on TV. I stated out loud to no one in particular that people must be nuts to go see that game out in the open! Wife then informed me that 1 of our good friends had traveled in to see that game. WTF? Haven't talked to him yet to see how he made out. Can't imagine sitting through something like that.

Wood Doctor
Had to go plow snow Sunday morning for the few places widows I do for free or exchange for cookies and the truck temp said -6. Got back home around noon and was just goofing off channel surfing when I went past the Bears-Packers game on TV. I stated out loud to no one in particular that people must be nuts to go see that game out in the open! Wife then informed me that 1 of our good friends had traveled in to see that game. WTF? Haven't talked to him yet to see how he made out. Can't imagine sitting through something like that.
Somebody said that the Packers won the game by getting the clock stopped using a fake injury after they had used up all their time outs. Next long pass play they got in field goal range and won it. Bears are crying sour grapes. I think the temp was -11 F at kick off.

TN woodcutter

TN woodcutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Tell you what fellas, I'd give an arm and a leg for some of the temperatures you guys are getting. I wore short sleeves to church today. I need a good hard freeze to harden the fields, for the sake of the livestock. Too much muck. Got up to around fifty today.

Latest posts