David Bradley Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a David Bradley - now in running order. Here is the thread that I introduced it here with:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=51821

index.php

Anyone Know Anything About Them

They clean up nice and make good wall hangers, they suck for cutting wood their too heavy and have no safety features you can still get point and carb. Kits for them maybe a few other parts but the chain is getting real hard to find (1/2") if I were you I would make a display out of it we did in our shop and people get a kick out of seeing it up on the wall. You can go get a good used saw for a few bucks less than you would get into making that antique work again and have a lot better saw for firewood and probably a lot safer too.;)

I know one thing!!

Anyone Know Anything About Them

The only thing that I know is that they are HEAVY. Back when I was about 25 years old I was looking for a cheap saw so I went to the local saw shop. Old Johnny O'brien said how does 15 bucks sound. I said "sounds great" and he brought out an old David Bradley, sort of looked like that one. He said "I been waiting for someone big enough and dumb enough to handle this thing." Well I fit the bill on both counts and used it for a couple of years, it was better than no saw, but not much. It reminded me of the guy who kept bringing his saw back to the shop and said it just wouldn't cut worth a darn. Finally in frustration about the 4th time the guy brought it back the repair man started it up and the guy said "whats that noise?" I know it's an old joke, but that saw was like that. JR

David Bradley Mdl 917.61406

I recently acquired this saw. I have enclosed three pictures. I am going to make an effort to get it running. I am looking for the recoil-housing assembly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back