David Bradley Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pafire

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for a rebuild kit for a Tillison HL carberator. This for a David Bradley saw. The model # is 11. Also does anyone have a source for 1/2"chain tht would fit this saw.
Thanks

Almost every engine shop sells HL kits. As far as 1/2" pitch chain, I think you'll have to knock off a few saw racers to get it. Out of production and hard to find, as far as I know.

You sould be able to find the carb kit at any of your local small engine repair shops.If you cant find any,let me know.I do have some 1/2 chain,how many drive links do you need.
Later
Dan
[email protected]

Thanks for the replys. Dan, I will let you know how many drive links after I get this saw up and running.
Thanks again.

Pafire,
I have a couple of extra loops of 1/2" that fit the 20" bar of my 1961 5.8 CID gear drive David Bradley. It's round filed stuff. Don't know if it will fit your model.

yep...you can get an HL kit anywhere....and the 1/2 inch...got lots of round stuff too...brand new....
I guess I am going to have to fire up my David Bradley and take some pics...anyone know what barmount would work...I havent looked at it much..

Pafire,

Welcome to the elite :) group of David Bradley owners. If you go to www.sears.com , select "parts" , and enter your 917.XXXXX part number, you can view a complete parts breakdown for your saw. Sears probably doesn't carry parts for your saw any more. However, the engine on your saw is a Tecumseh engine, and the (engine) part numbers listed by Sears are Tecumseh part numbers. Tillotson carb kits can probably be found at your Tecumseh dealer. If you don't have an exploded view of your carb, an Intertec chainsaw manual should have one. Hint: Hold the carb over a pan while you're disassembling it...little parts can fly/fall off.
The 1/2 inch pitch chain is another story. If you don't have a chain on your bar, post the length of your bar and someone can tell you the number of drive links you'll need. I found an NOS Homelite loop (for my 917.60010 gear drive saw) at a local saw dealer and ordered a loop from a former McCulloch dealer who was selling off stock. Both loops were round file chain. Good luck.

John

Latest posts

Back