David Bradley (Sears) saws & 1/2" chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon E

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was at a customer's house today, talking about some survey work, and he led me into his garage. He mentioned that his retirement hobby was fixing and restoring old chainsaws. Well, he had a matched pair of David Bradley gear-drive saws, with Sears logos on them, in really excellent, restored condition. Both started and ran with a couple of pulls. He said he was having a hard time finding 1/2" pitch chain. Anyone know where this could be found?

He also has a building, his "museum" he calls it, with a bunch of older saws he has restored - probably 60-70 saws, ranging from old gear-drive Macs, a bunch of really pristine older J-Reds, some Huskys (including a minty 266SE) and a pair of Homelite C5's he is in the process of restoring. Makes me want to dig out my dad's old Homelite Super XL blue farm saw and make it pretty (it runs great, just been used hard). I didn't want to ask to take pictures but I bet I could if I buy some beer. Nothing really big, except for the David Bradleys. I didn't get a model number but they looked like a box with fuel and oil caps on top, lined up with the bar. He said they were about 90cc. He said he gets old saws all the time, I asked him to keep an eye out for something big for me, 90cc+. May have a new best buddy.

Latest posts

Back