Day of deals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihly dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Went out this morning and bought me a used makita 6401. It came with several chains, gas can, spark plugs, felling wedges, splitting wedges, tools, files, a clamp on chain sharpener, an electric sharpener, and lots more. All for $160. I think that was a good deal.
Then stopped at a closed store that was open today. Got some new, old stock gas cans. The ones with the vent hole, some where the 2 1/2 gal can that had the attached 1 gal bar oil container. $5
A 1000 lb truck hoist for lifting the heavies into the bed. Brand new in the box, $75 not bad.
A 5o ft 8awg generator cable with 5 ends, $25.
relevent but a clothes drier gas brand new 70% off.
Then got called out to work for 4 hrs of double time. Paid for almost all of it.

Cleaned up the saw and sharpened the chain last night. Rumors of tornado's moving thru. Nothing happened, so cut up a little white oak today. Cuts nice pulls right into the wood, a little on the heavy side but I think I am going to like this saw. Who ever owned it sharpened only one side of the chain tho. Had a bunch of extra chains, but gave them away to someone. I wish I could at least remember who? There where at least 12 sharp chains.

Great score man, you're going to love that saw. I used mine for a month before I put the 85cc bb kit on mine and it was a strong saw but I had some money in my PayPal account so I bought the bb kit and it really woke it up. It really is fun to run its got so much power it's almost ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back