Dayummm old Stihl won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the mixture is a tad rich !:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yup, a tad. I tell ya Belgian these folks never cease to amaze me. " I just add oil to the gas", okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I say, bingo...

attachment.php

He says it has no power at all, hmmmmmmmmm. Runs real quiet, really, well lets have a look see. How are you mixing your fuel mix, reply uhhhhhhh I just add oil to the gas,okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I says,LOLOL

Wow. That thing must have smoked like a wore out Detroit.

Wow. That thing must have smoked like a wore out Detroit.

Hell Romeo I cleaned out the exhaust port, toss the muflfer, it was packed. Put a new muffler on, took it outside and guess what, it smoked like a w-ore out of Detriot, your 100% right. I have no clue how much oil he has in the gas but then again he doesn't either,LOLOL

It just keeps getting better

attachment.php

After getting done with the other one here comes this one. Feller says I squeeze the trigger but it doesn't rev up, hmmmmmmmmm. I take a quick feel of the trigger, something doesn't feel right. I look and go whats this. He says well the cable broke so I fixed it back there, I go okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,LOL

Last summer I had a old guy bring a little FS55 in hollering the dayumm thing won't run. Dump the fuel mix out and bingo, 75% water.

Hey Champ....I can assure you, I don't run stale/weak gas or make repairs like your photos and my FS55 is stihl a "wicked" POS! :laugh:

Last edited:
I have an Uncle who bought a brand new chainsaw a few years back, he brought it home and filled it with Bar Oil and Mix, set to on position, put choke on, pulled starter about 10 to 20 times, didn't start.......... put choke off, pulled starter another 10 to 20 times, didn't start............ "I've been sold a dud" thought he........... Let's go back to the start again.......... check Bar Oil and Mix, check........... Why is there Bar oil in the Mix tank?.........$hit!!!!

Let's just say Bar Oil and Carbs don't mix well! :cry:

LOL, actually Mark the thing would start but not rev up at all. It would sputter and carry on. I told the guy get rid of his can of fuel and mix up a new can and all will be fine. I didn't charge him a penny, I figured it was worth it to do it for free just to show on here how some things happen out in the real world.

If you did that for free, I could only wish that you were my local dealer. The knuckleheads in this area don't have a clue about anything...Stihl or Husky! This is the reason that I have no problem buying on the 'net. Goodonya THALL!

Hey Champ....I can assure you, I don't run stale/weak gas or make repairs like your photos and my FS55 is stihl a "wicked" POS! :laugh:

Guess what Fastcat, I picked up another FS85 today in great shape. Only needs a carb. The feller said naaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I've had that thing a long time, I'd rather buy a new one than to put money in that one. He goes you want it, I being the fine gent I am said well I reckon I can take it off your hands,LOL. One new one sold, one freebie for me. Its amazing how treating your customers good pays off over time. Been dealing with that guy for years. Also got a nice 028 this week from another long time customer. It needs abit of work so he decided not to worry with it but instead pass it over to yours truely to be fixed and placed in the THALL saw collection. I think that FS85 puts me at 8 now so even though that 55 of yours is wicked I think I'll let ya keep it,LOL

so even though that 55 of yours is wicked I think I'll let ya keep it,LOL

Dayummm ya Tbone.....Now I was just getting reading to say....I may have stuck with Stihl, if I only had a dealer like you, near by.....but after that last sentence, we're back to.....:sword:

Dayummm ya Tbone.....Now I was just getting reading to say....I may have stuck with Stihl, if I only had a dealer like you, near by.....but after that last sentence, we're back to.....:sword:

LOLOLOL, its all in a days work. Today I was swamped. My buddy Joe came by today and he's a member on this site. He can attest you couldn't hardly walk in the shop for all the equipment coming in and out. Had one guy drive over a 50 miles to drop off two weed machines and a blower. He knows I'll fix him up and make the trip worthwhile. You should come by sometime Fastcast, I'll convert ya back on the right side of the track,LOLOL

LOLOLOL, its all in a days work. Today I was swamped. My buddy Joe came by today and he's a member on this site. He can attest you couldn't hardly walk in the shop for all the equipment coming in and out. Had one guy drive over a 50 miles to drop off two weed machines and a blower. He knows I'll fix him up and make the trip worthwhile. You should come by sometime Fastcast, I'll convert ya back on the right side of the track,LOLOL

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

You should come by sometime Fastcast, I'll convert ya back on the right side of the track,LOLOL

I don't know....I'm pretty hooked on dem dayummm Dolmars....It may take a lot of converting to win me back! :dizzy:

Or a lot of "wicked" brew.....:cheers:

I don't know....I'm pretty hooked on dem dayummm Dolmars....It may take a lot of converting to win me back! :dizzy:

Or a lot of "wicked" brew.....:cheers:

Well I won't fault ya on your love for Dolmars, I got two myself and I like them alot. I got a 7900 and a 5100. Both are strong runners. Which Dolmars ya got?

Well I won't fault ya on your love for Dolmars, I got two myself and I like them alot. I got a 7900 and a 5100. Both are strong runners. Which Dolmars ya got?

5100, 401 and 260u weed wip!....:heart: :heart: :heart: :D

Latest posts

Back